Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Examinations

1. Jan 3, 2005 #1
    Hi all.
    My semester examinations are starting.
    Well I did all my best in this term so I really want to get some excelent results.
    Would you give me any useful advise in order to do my best.
    Thanks a lot.
    Somy

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 3, 2005 #2
    Good nights sleep, lots of last minute studying in the morning on the way to school and eat a chocolate bar 10-15 minutes before going into the exam. Extra energy will keep you Alert, that is unless you have ADHD or something, too much energy is even worse.

And don't be nervous, girls dig confidence.

4. Jan 3, 2005 #3
    Thanks Smurf, but all my problem is on the exam itself.
    I usually have some silly mistakes that bothers me.
    What can I do with that???

5. Jan 3, 2005 #4
    Smurf dear, honestly the logical gap....do you mean to say girls dig good grades? Or do I hear your gurgling in your own testerone? :biggrin:

6. Jan 3, 2005 #5
    Double Check Everything, and if you have time left over, Triple Check. Try not to spend too much time on one question, skip it and go back if it doesn't come to you.

It's spelled testosterone and I bath in it every day. Some girls dig good grades, but I don't have good grades and girls still dig me so it's not a requirement or anything.

7. Jan 3, 2005 #6
    I just started my 2nd semester today. I passed calculus! w00t!!! Now for more calc at 8am every day :(

Anyway, for studying, I suggest lots of quality sleep, a good breakfast, drink lots of water and chew gum while you study and while you right your exam.

8. Jan 3, 2005 #7
    Chewing gum is a neat trick, but some schools don't let you do it during exams. Find something you can do while studying and while writing the exam, it gets your mind set the same as it was when you were studying so your mind just runs smoother.

9. Jan 3, 2005 #8
    I checked my answers four times for my Maths GCSE and only on the third time did I realise I had made a mistake on one of the questions.

The Bob (2004 ©)

10. Jan 3, 2005 #9

matthyaouw

Gold Member

Read through each question more than once to be sure that you don't miss anything, then answer it. If possible, work out how long you should spend on each question or section based on how many marks it has allocated to it. If you are answering an essay question and you begin to run out of time, write out the last part in note form so that you get the basic point of what you were going to say across and don't leave your essay without an ending.

11. Jan 3, 2005 #10
    I usually listen to light music while studying. Anything better???

12. Jan 3, 2005 #11
    If you can listen to the same music while you're writing the exam then that would be better. Failing that, chew gum if you're allowed. I've heard of a couple of studies that found that if you chew while you study you can actually increase memory by, get this: up to 20%! :surprised

13. Jan 3, 2005 #12
    Well I think it is a good idea! Sometimes I just do mistakes because of being careless on reading the question and answering the something other. But what can I do with that???our proffessors usully give the time of writing to us , not the thinking time!!!

14. Jan 3, 2005 #13
    Good idea, but I think about the bad attack of it on my tooth!!!
    I usually have more than 6 hours a day studying. What will happen if I addict to chew gum in all that time???!!!

15. Jan 3, 2005 #14
    chew sugar-free cavity preventing gum! lol...some times in my study sessions...if I'm craming before an exam I'll end up chewing the same bit of gum for 8 hrs. :yuck:

16. Jan 3, 2005 #15
    Wow!!!!!!!

17. Jan 3, 2005 #16

matthyaouw

Gold Member

A word of warning- I've heard chewing gum exessively can lead to stomach ulcers

18. Jan 3, 2005 #17
    Do you have a source? I'd love a reference to this.

19. Jan 3, 2005 #18
  20. Jan 3, 2005 #19
    Hehehe, I love how a discussion on examination study methods turned into a discussion on the effects of chewing gum. Great idea though, I am certainly going to try it.

21. Jan 4, 2005 #20
    Oh guys,
    I just have my worries about the examionations...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?