Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Examples of terrorism: 1

1. Sep 15, 2004 #1
    Was it terrorism when the planes flew into the World Trade Centre?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 15, 2004 #2

Clausius2

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I voted yes, because USA inhabitants were not forewarned againshis attack. It was not a formal attack, such a war declaration of another goverment. If Al Qaeda would send one thousand soldiers to New York like in a formal invasion, then N-Y inhabitants could run away and be prevented. Nobody would be working at that time.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2004
  4. Sep 15, 2004 #3
    I voted Yes, but it is sketchy, as far as I know we're taking it for granted that it was Osama bin Laden that did it, was there any evidence aside from that video tape of him saying it was a good thing?

5. Sep 15, 2004 #4
    Yes. It was an attack designed to create terror by a small fringe group in order to gain power over another larger more powerful foe.

This attack was unprovoked, the act of war was undeclared, and the perpetrators were not uniformed, carrying insignia or any other signal of affiliation to mark them as an enemy.

6. Sep 15, 2004 #5

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Everything here looks fairly factual, except "This attack was unprovoked". That is your opinion. If you claim it is fact, must qualify it better.

7. Sep 15, 2004 #6

GENIERE

Science Advisor

I think that...

Last edited: Sep 15, 2004
  8. Sep 15, 2004 #7
    Unprovoked is my opinion. In my opinion again I believe they believed that the attack was justified.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?