1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Examples of terrorism: 2

1. Sep 15, 2004 #1
    Was it terrorism when the Dresden, Tokyo, Hiroshima, and other such cities were bombed?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 15, 2004 #2

kat

I voted no on this one, only because I don't believe that it fits the dictionary definition of terrorism. It's was not found to be unlawful, it was not gang related, nor do I believe it was "political or religious or ideological in nature".

4. Sep 15, 2004 #3

Clausius2

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I voted no because all inhabitants of this countries knew their goverment was in war with another country. So that, they were prevented.

5. Sep 15, 2004 #4
    I voted no

6. Sep 15, 2004 #5
    I voted yes because it was completely unnecessary to the war, it was purely to scare the soviets.

7. Sep 15, 2004 #6
    No. In the case of Japan, we were in a declared war, the country was asked to surrender and told that a weapon that would cause immeasurable destruction was going to be used against them. They were warned prior to the attack. Although the cities bombed were populated by a large percentage of civilians, the cities were chosen because of their military importance (manufacturing of military equipment, etc).

8. Sep 15, 2004 #7

GENIERE

Science Advisor

using 4 threads...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?