Solve Your Physics and Excel Problems with Expert Help | Contact Now

In summary, the conversation is about someone having trouble with an Excel sheet related to Physics and seeking help from someone with Excel expertise. They mention that it's not very advanced Excel and ask for immediate assistance. The problem turns out to be computing the square root of a negative number in Excel and the poster is looking at tutorials but can't figure out the issue. Another person points out that they can still send private messages and the issue is resolved.
ZedCar
I'm having a problem with a Physics / Excel sheet I've been working on.

Does anyone here think they might have the Excel expertise to help?

It's not very advanced Excel. Get in touch immediately please if you do.

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
ZedCar said:
I'm having a problem with a Physics / Excel sheet I've been working on.

Does anyone here think they might have the Excel expertise to help?

It's not very advanced Excel. Get in touch immediately please if you do.

Thanks

It used to be possible to contact a poster directly via e-mail, without posting to this public forum, but that facility seems to have been removed (at least in the menus I have access to). Therefore, you must now post your explicit question here.

RGV

I think you can still PM.

It's square root of a negative number in the Excel sheet I'm having trouble with.

ZedCar said:

It's square root of a negative number in the Excel sheet I'm having trouble with.

That's kind of vague. Are you trying to compute the square root of a negative number in Excel, and you don't know how? Or are you trying to compute the square root of a number that is supposed to be positive but is turning out negative, and hence messing things up?

cepheid said:
Are you trying to compute the square root of a negative number in Excel, and you don't know how?

Yes. I've just realized about the time I posted that that's what's wrong with my Excel sheet. I'm looking at Tutorials online but can't seem to figure out exactly what's going wrong.

ZedCar said:

On my machine, I no longer get menus allowing me to send PMs.

RGV

Ray Vickson said:
On my machine, I no longer get menus allowing me to send PMs.
What do you see when you click on a posters name to the top left of their message?

NascentOxygen said:
What do you see when you click on a posters name to the top left of their message?

Right! Thanks.

RGV

What is Excel and how can it be used in physics problems?

Excel is a spreadsheet program that allows users to organize and analyze data. In physics, it can be used to input data from experiments, perform calculations, and create graphs to visualize results.

How can Excel be used to solve equations in physics?

Excel has built-in formulas and functions that can be used to solve equations in physics. These include mathematical functions, such as SUM and AVERAGE, as well as more advanced functions like VLOOKUP and IFERROR. By inputting the appropriate values and equations, Excel can perform the necessary calculations to solve physics problems.

Can Excel be used to create graphs for physics experiments?

Yes, Excel has a variety of graphing tools that can be used to create visual representations of data from physics experiments. These include line graphs, scatter plots, and bar charts. Users can customize the appearance of the graph, such as adding titles and labels, and can easily update the graph as new data is inputted.

How can Excel be used to analyze data from physics experiments?

Excel has powerful data analysis tools, such as pivot tables and data filters, that can be used to quickly and efficiently analyze large sets of data from physics experiments. These tools can help identify patterns, trends, and relationships within the data, making it easier to draw conclusions and make predictions.

Are there any limitations to using Excel in physics?

While Excel can be a useful tool in solving physics problems, it does have some limitations. It is important to have a good understanding of the mathematical concepts and equations involved in the problem in order to input the correct formulas and values. Excel may also have difficulty handling extremely large or complex datasets, and in these cases, other software or programming languages may be more suitable.