Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Excellent Engineering Staff

1. May 16, 2005 #1

Clausius2

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

My unique aim in this thread is to congratulate those who usually posts at PF engineering forums. I have noticed here the people gives more importance to physics experts (maybe due to the name of this forums), and I want to claim the extraordinary technical skill of people like:

-Astronuc,
    -FredGarvin,
    -Brewnog,
    -CliffJ,
    -Minger,
    -Morbius,
    -PerenialIII
    -Hitssquad,

and some others which just now I don't remember.

All of them gathers experience with technical knowledge, a very valuable sum. The fact is it is going to be impossible to renew my Pf-Eng. gurú medal with these guys walking around here. They are too good.

Last edited: May 16, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. May 16, 2005 #2

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, I was surprised to find my name on that list!

I'd definitely like to see hitssquad and PerennialIII on that list though, and special mentions for Morbius and Clausius for services to nuc eng and thermofluids respectively.

Clausius, you are probably unaware of the number of times you've saved my arse when getting thermo, fluids and aero lab reports marked!

4. May 16, 2005 #3

Clausius2

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Just I forgot to include them. I have just done so in the first post.

I celeb I have been useful with some of my opinions. The fact is I am not an engineer, I am not graduated yet. And I celeb too I have been known here in the field of thermofluids, it is the unique field in which I could share some knowledge. According to the expertise fields, I would give an honorific mention to:

-Astronuc: Nuclear Engineering, Materials Engineering, Aerospace Engineering,
    great theoretical and practical knowledge. Maybe the most complete guy of all of us.

-FredGarvin: Aerospace Engineering, Materials and Structural Engineering. He has a great proffesional experience. He seems an "old fox" of engineering.

-Brewnog: I think you are as young as me. But you have a great knowledge in Applied Mechanical Engineering, and also I have read good things written by you about Fluid Mechanics.

-CliffJ: What to say about this guy?. He knows a lot of practical machinery, also an expert on Applied Mechanical Engineering.

-Minger: Mechanical Engineering and Fluid Mechanics.

-Morbius: The King of the Nuclear Engineering forum. From here, I invite him to participate in the rest of the eng. forums, because we know he could do a lot about other subjects far away from nuclear issues.

-PerenialIII: He is the Master of Computational Simulation. I have always seen PerenialIII involved in discussions about numerical modelling in structural-material engineering threads.

- Hitssquad: He always provides links as the ultimate proofs of his statements. Mechanical Engineering.

And also the PF mentors Russ(Mech & Thermal systems Engineering) and Enigma (Aerospace Eng.).

A great team!!!

5. May 16, 2005 #4

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Agreed - the expertise of some of our members is quite impressive.

6. May 18, 2005 #5

Astronuc

I really appreciate the team.

All for one and one for all. :smile:

Thanks for letting me hang out with you guys. :biggrin:

7. May 18, 2005 #6

PerennialII

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

A unique bunch - even if I'm mentioned :biggrin: ! It's always impressive to see the degree of intuition ("knack") & innovation this bunch has in attacking problems, which develop when combining loads of expertise and experience.

8. May 18, 2005 #7

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Since no one else has, allow me to recognize Artman!

Three cheers for all the engineers! (the shortest poem I've ever written! :rofl: )

9. May 18, 2005 #8

Astronuc

Yeah, Artman! An indispensable member of the team.

Anyone else, while on the subject?

10. May 18, 2005 #9

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

And come to think of it, hooray for arildno too. He's an MS/Eng.

11. May 18, 2005 #10

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

A round on me for the Engineers ! :approve:

And since Elec Engg seems to have gotten left out, let me take it upon me to recognize great contributions from CliffJ and chroot.

Also, I'd like to personally recognize quality posts from Perennial, Astronuc, Fred and Brewnog in Materials Engg.

12. May 18, 2005 #11

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Well, since very few in the engineering section has asked about the derivation of shallow water equations by using J.C. Luke's variational principle for potential flow with a free surface, I haven't been exactly over-active in that area of PF.. :redface:

13. May 18, 2005 #12

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It is only the engineers who are excellent, we've got a whole site with knowledgeable professionals and students.

14. May 18, 2005 #13

Clausius2

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

First of all sorry for not including Artman and Gokul. In particular Gokul makes a great contribution in Mat. Eng.

Arildno is the typical Fluid Mechanicist guy. He is a fan of heavy equations enclosed to some physical meaning. The fact is Fluid Mechanics can be only ultimately understood by means of that heavy mathematics. An engineer who is proud of knowing a lot about this science cannot be only in the laboratory running experiments or solving hydraulic or aerodynamic engineering practical problems. He/She also must have a solid mathematical background as Arildno has (not like me, maths are some weak point now for me).

15. May 18, 2005 #14

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Clausius2:
    I did not at all feel "slighted" at not being on your list.
    It's true; I've got a fluid mechanics background, rather than an engineering background, which basically means I don't know what a laboratory is (or rather, I've read about it in a book..:wink:)

16. May 18, 2005 #15

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Meh, go start your own thread for the Other Sciences geeks! :tongue2:

(j/k! :redface: o:) :!!) )

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?