Where Can I Find Exchange Current Densities for Chromium?

In summary, the conversation is about the search for values of exchange current densities for a range of pure metals in electrochemistry. The person is having trouble finding values for chromium and is looking for direction on where to find them. They are recommended a paper from 1964 that collects reaction rates, which can be converted. However, the person's university library does not have access to this paper.
gg_1
Hi folk, I am new to electrochemistry and I am currently trying to find values for the exchange current densities of a range of pure metals. I have had some success from books such as the encyclopedia of electrochemistry of the elements, however I can't seem to find any values for chromium. Can anybody point me in the right direction on where to find this?

Chemistry news on Phys.org
My electrochemistry book (Galus, Fundamentals of Electrochemical Analysis) points to this paper: Kinetic parameters of electrode reactions, N. Tanaka, R. Tamamushi, Electrochimica Acta, Volume 9, Issue 7, July 1964, Pages 963–989 (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0013468664850453 from 1964) and a later supplement. From what I understand they collected reaction rates rather then exchange currents, but these are easy to convert.

Borek said:
My electrochemistry book (Galus, Fundamentals of Electrochemical Analysis) points to this paper: Kinetic parameters of electrode reactions, N. Tanaka, R. Tamamushi, Electrochimica Acta, Volume 9, Issue 7, July 1964, Pages 963–989 (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0013468664850453 from 1964) and a later supplement. From what I understand they collected reaction rates rather then exchange currents, but these are easy to convert.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately my university library doesn't seem to stock this journal and is not subscribed to it on science direct. I'm hesitant to purchase the paper incase it is not of any use.

What is exchange current density?

Exchange current density is a measure of the rate at which a chemical reaction takes place at the interface between two phases, typically a solid and a liquid or gas. It is often used to describe the kinetics of electrochemical reactions.

How is exchange current density related to reaction rate?

Exchange current density is directly proportional to the reaction rate at the interface. This means that a higher exchange current density will result in a faster reaction rate, while a lower exchange current density will result in a slower reaction rate.

What factors affect exchange current density?

Exchange current density is affected by several factors, including temperature, concentration of reactants, surface area of the interface, and the nature of the reactants and products involved in the reaction.

How is exchange current density measured?

Exchange current density is typically measured using techniques such as cyclic voltammetry, which involves applying a voltage to the interface and measuring the resulting current. Other techniques, such as electrochemical impedance spectroscopy, can also be used to measure exchange current density.

What are some practical applications of exchange current density?

Exchange current density is an important concept in the study of electrochemical reactions and is used in a variety of practical applications, including batteries, fuel cells, and corrosion prevention. It can also be used to study and understand various chemical and biological processes that occur at interfaces.