Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Exchange current density

1. Mar 6, 2012 #1
    Hi folk, I am new to electrochemistry and I am currently trying to find values for the exchange current densities of a range of pure metals. I have had some success from books such as the encyclopedia of electrochemistry of the elements, however I can't seem to find any values for chromium. Can anybody point me in the right direction on where to find this?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 6, 2012 #2

Borek

Staff: Mentor

My electrochemistry book (Galus, Fundamentals of Electrochemical Analysis) points to this paper: Kinetic parameters of electrode reactions, N. Tanaka, R. Tamamushi, Electrochimica Acta, Volume 9, Issue 7, July 1964, Pages 963–989 (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0013468664850453 from 1964) and a later supplement. From what I understand they collected reaction rates rather then exchange currents, but these are easy to convert.

4. Mar 6, 2012 #3
    Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately my university library doesn't seem to stock this journal and is not subscribed to it on science direct. I'm hesitant to purchase the paper incase it is not of any use.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook