Exit exam news: school board defies state

In summary: What is the value of 3x+4?2. What is the value of -10x+6?3. What is the value of 5x-4?4. What is the value of 8x-5?5. What is the value of 9x+2?6. What is the value of 3x-5?7. What is the value of 4x+1?8. What is the value of 5x-6?9. What is the value of 9x-8?10. What is the value of 6x+4?11. What is the value of
scorpa said:
I can't believe those practice questions that were posted. What a complete joke! We had covered everything on that by grade 7 and this is showing up on a high school exit exam? Personally I don't think students who can't pass the exam deserve the diploma, not passing the exam usually is a result of not working hard enough (or at all in most cases). I don't see why students who don't work hard or take anything seriously should graduate like the students who work hard at everything they have done do.

Your diploma doesn't mean that you have the minimum skill one acquires through 4 years of education. It only means you sat in a chair for 4 years. Duh :rolleyes:

But seriously, yah... if anyone starts complaining in the future about "blah blah blah where did our country go so wrong in the educational system", we can look here for one part of the answer. Parts of the general public still have no idea why kids go to school.