1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Expanding globe time theory

1. Jul 31, 2011 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    how can i calculate a co-ordinate on an ever increasing sized globe, where i do not know the circumference or diameter.
    the only constants i am aware of are my starting point, pi and how far i wish to travel.
    i figure that if time is an ever expanding globe, and not linear, then travel would be theoretically easier than forward or back, but across the diameter.
    but i cant seem to figure how to plot an exact point.
    now is a contant to me. where i want to go, (100 years in the future say) would also be a constant in relation to now. and i suppose i need 3 points as co-ordinates.

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution
    perplexed.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 31, 2011 #2

gb7nash

Homework Helper

The starting point of what? The center of the globe?

What is pi?

What do you mean by how far you wish to travel?

Is the center of the globe fixed? Is the globe rolling in a particular direction?

(As you can see, you need to be more detailed. It's impossible to answer your question without guessing what you mean.)

4. Jul 31, 2011 #3
    the globe is time.
    the starting point is now. or where i perceive as being now.
    the centre of the globe is fixed but is expanding in all directions at the same rate.
    the amount of travel is however far in years i wish to travel from where i am.
    pi (could not find code for symbol) is 3.142

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook