How hot is it where you live right now?

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Death
In summary: I don't even want to think about what that feels like.It reached at least 102 here today, and in the last two days, two places in Oregon reached 108. I know that one was an all time high. Also, it was over eighty degrees...I don't even want to think about what that feels like.
Refer to signature

Physics news on Phys.org
Refer to signature

Don't you have some tellitubbies to watch? :grumpy:

No

Ten char limit

Can't even make a 10 character argument...

I didn't have to make a 10 character argument, I said what I needed to say without saying other stupid crap

It's ok, yomamma. You don't have to be embarrassed about having a sitter.

Math Is Hard said:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: high five! I knew someone in this forum didn't hate me :grumpy:

I DON'T HAVE ONE!

it's true you know

Math Is Hard said:

You can be mine, ooo baby. :!)

Ignores yomamma and Pengwuino

It's very hard to follow this thread if you keep using medieval units. Come on people, how hard van it be to post in internationally accepted units? That way even non-Americans can follow you :wink: I'll accept Kelvin as a compromise (it is a science board after all)

As for here, it reached 37°C in Belgium this week! We're supposed to be a sea-side, temperate Western European country!

Dimitri Terryn said:
Ignores yomamma and Pengwuino

It's very hard to follow this thread if you keep using medieval units. Come on people, how hard van it be to post in internationally accepted units? That way even non-Americans can follow you :wink: I'll accept Kelvin as a compromise (it is a science board after all)
:rofl:

As for here, it reached 37°C in Belgium this week! We're supposed to be a sea-side, temperate Western European country!
Well, at least that temperature I can convert readily. 37 C = 98.6 F (body temperature). But, here, I'll give you a table to help. :wink: Anything below 0 C or 32 F is too damn cold to matter, and anything above 40 C and 104 F is too damn hot to matter, so I limited it to that range.

C F
0 32
1 33.8
2 35.6
3 37.4
4 39.2
5 41
6 42.8
7 44.6
8 46.4
9 48.2
10 50
11 51.8
12 53.6
13 55.4
14 57.2
15 59
16 60.8
17 62.6
18 64.4
19 66.2
20 68
21 69.8
22 71.6
23 73.4
24 75.2
25 77
26 78.8
27 80.6
28 82.4
29 84.2
30 86
31 87.8
32 89.6
33 91.4
34 93.2
35 95
36 96.8
37 98.6
38 100.4
39 102.2
40 104

The weather people keep lying to us. It was supposed to hit a high of 95 yesterday [for Dimitri, that's in Kelvin]. By 10AM it was 90, and by late afternoon it hit a high of at least 102 [for Dimitri, that's in eV]. Today it is supposed to hit a high of 90. It was 90 at 10AM.

I've got a flu! So I'm hot anyway no matter how hot here it is!:rolleyes:

Pengwuino said:
Does your babysitter let you stay on this late? :grumpy:
Are you jealous that yours don't?:tongue2:
yomamma said:
I DON'T HAVE ONE!
Ok ok we know you need 1 but it's your parents who should hire 1 for you not PF'ers!:smile:

Ivan Seeking said:
...for Dimitri, that's in eV...

Cool! I was wondering if asking you to use natural (or God-given :biggrin: ) units was going to be too much of a strech, but I'd be much more at ease if you would you use eV's! :wink:

Damn Ivan, it's pretty cold out there!

@Moonbear : thanks, I can actually work with the Fahrenheit scale, but I felt like being a stuck up European for once.

Last edited:
Anything for you bud! :biggrin:

It's been around 305 degrees (K) here in Colorado Springs. I'm not even sure it's correct to say it's a dry heat. We've been getting thunderstorms most afternoons or evenings and the air's thin enough the temp always drops below 290 degrees (K) in the night time. I've never seen the prairies this green this late in the summer before (in fact, I almost forgot green was a color) and we're having to mow the yard nearly once a week.

Moonbear said:
:rofl:

Well, at least that temperature I can convert readily. 37 C = 98.6 F (body temperature). But, here, I'll give you a table to help. :wink: Anything below 0 C or 32 F is too damn cold to matter, and anything above 40 C and 104 F is too damn hot to matter, so I limited it to that range.
Should you really convert a number rounded off to two digits to a three digit number? Human body temperature is about 36.8 C if taken to three digits, which is about 98.2 F.

Ivan Seeking said:
The weather people keep lying to us. It was supposed to hit a high of 95 yesterday [for Dimitri, that's in Kelvin]. By 10AM it was 90, and by late afternoon it hit a high of at least 102 [for Dimitri, that's in eV]. Today it is supposed to hit a high of 90. It was 90 at 10AM.

:confused: :confused: :confused: 102 eV?

Pengwuino said:

I dunno. In Alameda, CA it hit 105 bushels yesterday.

- Warren

In Fresno, it hit 572.67 Rankine

Pengwuino said:

I think plasma temps are sometimes measured in eV. But really the point was to give dimitri a bad time. :biggrin:

[tex]25.41 \, \mbox{meV}/k_B[/tex] here. Much warmer outside, but still too cold for plasma ignition.

Dimitri - I already was using your stupid anti-scientific centigrade scale, back in post #4.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rach3 said:
[tex]25.41 \, \mbox{meV}/k_B[/tex] here. Much warmer outside, but still too cold for plasma ignition.

Dimitri - I already was using your stupid anti-scientific centigrade scale, back in post #4.

True enough. Don't feel bashfull about just using MeV, when you're a theoretical physicist you can set any constant of nature equal to 1 until proven guilty :biggrin:

Dimitri Terryn said:
True enough. Don't feel bashfull about just using MeV, when you're a theoretical physicist you can set any constant of nature equal to 1 until proven guilty :biggrin:

That's meV, not MeV!

Urgh... force of habit, sorry.

It's currently about 1 outside... in units of the temperature in Milpitas, CA. The forecast for the next 2,000 millenia is a high of 1, and a low of 1.

- Warren

It hit about 37 here the other day and it was awful, I hate it. Give me a nice 22 degree day and I'm happy.

scorpa said:
It hit about 37 here the other day and it was awful, I hate it. Give me a nice 22 degree day and I'm happy.

You wish i felt sorry for you.

Pengwuino said:
So how ungodly hot is it where you live right now?

MSN says to expect a high of 109 today. Currently it is 111. It wasn't until midnight last night that it went under 100 degrees. People's pools are probably evaporating as we speak. I know everytime i look outside my eyes start smoking. :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

My sister drove out to Vegas to see her friend get married last weekend. Going through Baker, they have the world's tallest thermometer, and she and her boyfriend told me it read 128F as they were driving through. When she got out of the car, she told me it felt as if her skin instantly caught fire.

I visited a friend in Vegas two summers ago. One day it was 108 F (sorry Dmitri). We had to get into a car that had been closed up. Must have been 150 when we got in.

"But it's a dry heat" F*** That!

loseyourname said:
My sister drove out to Vegas to see her friend get married last weekend. Going through Baker, they have the world's tallest thermometer, and she and her boyfriend told me it read 128F as they were driving through. When she got out of the car, she told me it felt as if her skin instantly caught fire.

What i want to konw is why does it feel like there's "walls of unmerciful heat" in certain places? Our A/C is out and when you walk upstairs, its like you walked right into a wall made out of hot hot air. You can literally feel like a partition of at least 5 degrees and you know the instant you walk into it.

I remmeber back in high school it was insanely hot and we were in a niiiiiiiiiiiiice air conditioned chemistry class. We were in finals so we were there for like 2 1/2 hours. We opened the door and walked outside and like a punch in the face i was knocked backwards feeling like i was hit by an inferno.

BobG said:
Should you really convert a number rounded off to two digits to a three digit number? Human body temperature is about 36.8 C if taken to three digits, which is about 98.2 F.
:uhh:...98.6 F = 37.0 C. Happy now?

A THREAD IN GD GOING BACK ON TOPIC?!

I just took a shower and its so freaken hot that i don't konw if this water is from the shower or I am already sweating like crazy again. Damn air conditioner, i hate people with pools right now. I hope they all drown.