How hot is it where you live right now?

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Death
In summary: I don't even want to think about what that feels like.It reached at least 102 here today, and in the last two days, two places in Oregon reached 108. I know that one was an all time high. Also, it was over eighty degrees...I don't even want to think about what that feels like.
haha

I have a pool

pwn

Physics news on Phys.org
yomamma said:
A THREAD IN GD GOING BACK ON TOPIC?!

Get out, shoo shoo

yomamma said:
haha

I have a pool

pwn

gotta keep the kids happy...

haha

hahaha

scorpa said:
It hit about 37 here the other day and it was awful, I hate it. Give me a nice 22 degree day and I'm happy.

It hit about 34 here the other day and it was awful, I hate it. Give me a nice 2-5 degree day and I'm happy. :tongue:

that would be 93.2 in moonbears archaic language

every summer i always think that there's no way it could have been as hot the year before except this year i think i may have actually been right. i think the hottest day last summer was more like 30-32.

Last edited:
Pengwuino said:
I just took a shower and its so freaken hot that i don't konw if this water is from the shower or I am already sweating like crazy again. Damn air conditioner, i hate people with pools right now. I hope they all drown.
When I lived in a 3rd floor apartment without A/C (remember, heat rises), and it got to those hot, humid, disgusting days of summer when there was no breeze at all, I kept the bathtub filled with cold water...instant wading pool whenever I got too hot. :biggrin:

I think I've got used to it now, I feel a lot more comfortable with the 30 degree C temperatures 86F I'm working in, no A/C but it could be worse I could be working in the Middle East :eek: Hotter and more dangerous.

hmmmm...
This University of Waterloo engineering student hacked together a primitive air conditioner from a large fan, garbage can, some copper and vinyl tubing, and a few zipties and hose clamps.

http://www.boingboing.net/2005/06/14/howto_make_an_air_co.html

_www.eng.uwaterloo.ca_~gmilburn_ac_DSCF0295-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's 85 in Alaska.

I'm melting

Math Is Hard said:
tips for keeping cool.

Hope it works! I am barely sleeping lately because the heat is so bad. :frown:

MIH, I have a window airconditioner in my garage. I am not using it so I will email it to you ASAP!

larkspur said:
MIH, I have a window airconditioner in my garage. I am not using it so I will email it to you ASAP!
Thanks, but that's would make for a mighty big attachment! :smile:

My problem is that my windows are not the standard kind that air condioners go in. They slide side-to-side to open. I am also a renter, so I can't really build on something to modify the window.
I have been searching for a portable AC with a window kit but there's none left in Los Angeles. :frown:

People and cows are keeling over.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/nation/4071270.html
SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Gripped by a 10th straight day of 100-degree heat, California sweated out the possibility of more blackouts Tuesday as the number of suspected heat-related deaths climbed to at least 38 and the rotting carcasses of thousands of dairy cows and other livestock baked in the sun.

Pythagorean said:
It's 85 in Alaska.
I'm melting

in inuvik today it's only 26 but for a couple summers now yukon & the mackenzie delta area part of which is north of the arctic circle, has been as hot as 40 celsius. tomorrow it will be 21 in iqualuit, the capital of nunavut on baffin island. i know it has been hotter there before also.
http://ca.weather.yahoo.com/images/na_canada_n_outlook_en_CA_440_dmy_y.jpg

Math Is Hard said:
hmmmm...
This University of Waterloo engineering student...

where is that? never heard of it. :confused:

fourier jr said:
in inuvik today it's only 26 but for a couple summers now yukon & the mackenzie delta area part of which is north of the arctic circle, has been as hot as 40 celsius. tomorrow it will be 21 in iqualuit, the capital of nunavut on baffin island. i know it has been hotter there before also.
http://ca.weather.yahoo.com/images/na_canada_n_outlook_en_CA_440_dmy_y.jpg
[/URL]

We've broken a couple records this summer. I'm in Fairbanks, Alaska, where the temperature gets real extreme. The weather is dry and we have a mountain range that (i assume) tends to hold in the warm weather. In the winter, it gets as low as -40, especially because of the inversion layer.

fourier jr said:
where is that? never heard of it. :confused:
Univeristy of waterloo is in Ontario

All our air con units are breaking down, we have extra hire units in every room in the factory, trouble is the compressors are overheating, and for some reason pipes are splitting, this place must be enveloped in r22 gas.

Yah with the number of a/c units failing aorund this city i don't know why they want us to conserve power :rofl:

Andre said:
Sending some cool weather :tongue:

Andre, is this a (trend) that will be repeated, escalate year on year, or is it a
blip on the Earth cycle?

Andre said:
Sending some cool weather :tongue:
At least it's a dry heat. The humidity's only 32%.