Getting Started with DS9: A Beginner's Guide

• Thread starter mateomy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Experience
In summary, DS9 is a science fiction television series set in the Star Trek universe that follows the crew and inhabitants of a space station near a wormhole. It can be enjoyed as a standalone series, but some background knowledge from previous Star Trek series may enhance the viewing experience. The series has 7 seasons and 176 episodes, airing from 1993 to 1999. It is available for streaming on platforms such as Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video, and can also be purchased on iTunes and Google Play. While generally suitable for all ages, some episodes may contain mature themes and violence, so parental guidance is recommended for younger viewers.
mateomy
Does anyone know of any online resources for ds9 beginners? I'm being told that I'll be working with it this summer and my only experience with it is opening files (which isn't really experience). I have it on my computer and every time I run it, it just confuses the ______ out of me.

Thanks.

Astronomy news on Phys.org
Have you checked the tutorials on the DS9 homepage?

1. What is DS9?

DS9, or Deep Space Nine, is a science fiction television series set in the Star Trek universe. It follows the crew and inhabitants of a space station near a wormhole that connects the Alpha and Gamma Quadrants.

2. Do I need to watch other Star Trek series before starting with DS9?

No, DS9 can be enjoyed as a standalone series. However, some plotlines and characters from previous Star Trek series do make appearances, so having some background knowledge may enhance your viewing experience.

3. How many seasons does DS9 have?

DS9 has 7 seasons, with a total of 176 episodes. The series aired from 1993 to 1999.

4. Can I watch DS9 on any streaming platforms?

Yes, DS9 is available for streaming on various platforms such as Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video. It can also be purchased on iTunes and Google Play.

5. Is DS9 suitable for all ages?

DS9 is generally suitable for all ages, but some episodes may contain mature themes and violence. It is recommended to check the ratings or watch with parental guidance for younger viewers.