Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Experiences with airbnb

1. Mar 3, 2016 #1

StatGuy2000

Education Advisor

Hi everyone! I wanted to ask PF if any of you have used airbnb to book rooms, and what has been your experience with doing so.

I'm also curious in the converse -- that is, if any of you have actually rented out rooms through airbnb, and your experiences on that front.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 3, 2016 #2

Hepth

Gold Member

I use airbnb and booking.com for everything now. I usually don't have ANY issues. One apartment in Paris was really bad smelling (cigarettes), so I called airbnb and they rebooked me somewhere immediately. In Prague the apartment was a little mildew smelling, but I just dealt with it.

But other than those I've had nothing but success with the apartments themselves.

Airbnb though has been going up in price and fees, and I think booking.com has gotten cheaper (they also have apartments in addition to hotels)

4. Mar 3, 2016 #3
    My friend has used it for accommodation last weekend and she had a good experience.

5. Mar 5, 2016 #4

meBigGuy

Gold Member

I used Airbnb to book an apartment for a week in Manhatten near Union Square. Perfect Experience, everything went smooth, loved it. Owner let us use her Transit card, even. Could not have gone better.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted