1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Experiment Ideas

1. Apr 18, 2008 #1
    Hi everyone, I'm a grade 12 high school student taking Physics and I'm looking into some ideas for my final project.

The idea is to come up with a physics lab/experiment that investigates a relationship (that can be graphed) between two variables or the determination of a physical constant.
    it can to relate to either kinematics, light, sound, waves, energy, or a mix of any.

I've thought of some generic things like launching projectiles and so forth, but i just want to get some other ideas to think about.

Shouldn't be to crazy, as i don't have a lot of materials, but just some original ideas.

Thanks in advance for feedback!

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 18, 2008 #2

dst

A bog standard pendulum experiment. Very easy and reaps the marks.

4. Apr 18, 2008 #3

Danger

Gold Member

Fun can always be had with magnets, as well. Maybe a small model maglev train? (Not necessarily moving along the rail, but demonstrating the lift principle.)

5. Apr 19, 2008 #4
    I'm not allowed to post links yet, however there is a website I use which features a wealth of experiements which you can find if you google "practical physics . org". I expect you could find some inspiration on there.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?