Experimental Fluid Mechanics Videos Series

• Thread starter Clausius2
  • Start date
Thanks Clauisus for the info. Actually I remember these from college a few years ago (!), now that I've seen them again. They are as good now 50 years later as they were then. Forgot all about them. I tune into this site to learn and get information, not listen to bickering of whose right about this or that like at some sites. I appreciate your posting these.

thanxxxxxxxx for you

Thank You all

I am unable to view these videos, are they still posted???

these videos still can be download.

I will try again.
Thanks.

This is just so great.

Well since I'll be doing fluid dynamics studies for aircraft engines etc etc... at some stage later on, I reckon these are pretty useful stuff! :smile:

Shapiro was a genius. He passed away recently. These videos are so old, but so helpful.

many thanks in deed

thank you very much.

this had been very useful

Realplayer! :yuck: Just why, why Realplayer....

Nice videos though, I appreciate them.

I would like to know if the hydrostatic test results for 8" pipe are accepted or not for the following data:the test pressure is P1=16.5 bar, T1=19 C, P2=13.25 bar, T2=10 C.The test duration was for 17 hours.Can somebody tell me if the test results are accepted

I would like to know if the hydrostatic test results for 8" pipe are accepted or not for the following data:the test pressure is P1=16.5 bar, T1=19 C, P2=13.25 bar, T2=10 C.The test duration was for 17 hours.Can somebody tell me if the test results are accepted

hi, is anyone have ever done data correction in simulating fixed ground effect in wind tunnel test section? How big the AR influence the CDi and the forces measurement

Hanni et al, please dont post such questions in this thread.

I doubt anyone knows of a way to watch these on a MAC (i.e., not RealPlayer)?

Thanks very much for stickying these, as well as the mentions of other resources. I am sharing them with the other members of my Applied Fluid Mechanics class.
Great stuff. So few instructors bother to set up experiments to augment their lectures these days these films are a real treasure.
Thanks again!

Thank you very much for posting those videos :smile:

I wish I had seen this series before I took my EFM... T_T

Hi guys, how come i cant directly play it from the website?

great man

videos are too large to download 300mb files

Clausius2
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Hi everyone,

Maybe this resource is new for someone. It's a collection of videos made in the 60's by the very best experimentalist scientists of the best universities of the United States. There you may watch how Taylor gives you a lesson in Low Reynolds Flow....

Ops! Obviously GI Taylor, Shercliff and Lighthill were fine british men, so not all merit goes to USA.