Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Explain your god.

1. Feb 27, 2006 #1
    Ok so here is what im looking for.

First Define your God.
    secondly explain your God.(optional)
    thirdly provide evidence/proof of your God.

Example.
    Abrahamic God:
    Omnipotent(all powerful)
    Omniscient(all knowing)
    Omnibenevolent(all loving)
    Define:
    He created everything in 7 days. The universe is 6000-10,000 years old. etc...
    Proof:
    LooL you got me. Which is a pretty good reason why I dont believe in the Abrahamic God. But I dont claim to be omniscient. perhaps someone will beleive in the abrahamic God and have evidence for his/her existence.

edit/ if your God is already self-evident, provide proof for the attributes.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2006
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 27, 2006 #2
    My universe, my reality, my existence is my God, I am my God.
    My God is all that is, my God is me.
    My God is all around you and I.

I am an extension of my God. I am a part of my God, my God is a part of me. I am in control. My God is omnipresent, my God is omnipotent, my God is omnibenevolent. My God is the universe, my God is all that is within and without. My God builds the stars by himself, my God created me. My God is the creator, just as I am the creator. When I understand and know my God, all powers that my God possesses, I may possess as well. My God gave birth to me, my God is my Father, I am my God's offspring. My God knows no limitations, my God recognizes no restrictions. My God is everything that is, has been and ever will be. This is WHAT my God is.

WHO is your God?

We argue and fight about "who"... we never stop to figure out "what"...

4. Feb 27, 2006 #3
    err.

You are your God. but then you say.
    your parents are your god.

So basically your saying that your god is everything?

so everything is omnipotent according to
    But i dont follow that. Im definately not omnipotent. but ok you continue.
    and there is the scam/hitch. you have to follow and believe. before you get powers. but you dont get a reason to do so. which comes to the scam. they get you believing and string you along saying your almost there all the time.

Im allowed to call it a scam. as you missed the Mandatory most important part.

5. Feb 27, 2006 #4
    No, you misunderstood, my Father is the universe and the universes creations; the sun, the earth, evolution, humans, then my actual father. It's all related. Without one, we cannot have the other, they all gave birth up to the point of the present, which is now me. When you understand and know yourself, others, and your universe and every law that exists in this universe, every philosophy, every color, every vibration, you learn, WE learn. You can then apply what you learn to your life. My proof of my God are these words that you and I are reading and typing. My God is not a who, it is a what. I am not here to prove who is wrong and right, I am here to share in truth. If you don't understand, then say you don't understand. Please, don't quote me and make false assumptions on the context of my speach. I'm not here to sell a book. So this cannot possibly be a scam. I am sharing my enlightenment, we can learn and discuss it together. There's no need to attack and assume fallacy. I'm not here to mislead, I'm here to expand and help any and all. Your mind is omnipotent.

6. Feb 27, 2006 #5
    Lol. if i dont understand. i will say it. but from what you had put there. i understood what you said. now if what the words say isnt what you mean. thats not my fault. its your fault. as in your not being articulate.

Ok thats fine. Your God is the fundamental particles and forces. Thats cool. But when you have attributes like omnipotence. you need to provide proof of this.which u still havent.

7. Feb 27, 2006 #6
    I see, this will be a tear down session. I am the building and you are the steel ball dangling from the crane, have at it. I'm done.

I can only help you as much as you want to help yourself. Don't limit your ability to understand. A father is not limited to your biological human father. If what I mean isn't what you understand, then I am the one who understands what I mean and you are the one who doesn't, you see? I don't want it to get like this. I'm not here for an argument. Let's do this peacefully, please. It's not hard, try.

Omnipotent; your mind is all powerful. Without your mind, you cease to exist. Recognize this and you can become and do anything you so desire. Everything away from your mind is just an extension, including the body. All that is needed for enlightenment is the mind. Your mind is the Godhead of your existence and your reality. "Godhead", literally.

One must mold one's ego away from wanting to win, and into seeking and gaining truth and knowledge. If the ego is controlled, anything is possible. Get away from competitive nature and seek self pinnacle. When we compete with others, we are limited to the competition that we face. When we compete with ourself, we can create the competition to whatever level we'd like, we set the goals and the achievements. In doing so, we can reach heights never even imagined. You are your own worst critic, you are also your own best motivator. Everything must work both ways.

8. Feb 27, 2006 #7
    im not here to be converted or anything.........................
    so enough preaching.

so either explain yourself and give logical evidence to why you believe it. or dont post here. follow the guidelines pretty much.

you defined. your almost trying to explain. but you dont have to. next is logical evidence or proof. which you havent given anything to.

oh and also. this isnt a tear down session(yet). I havent stated your wrong or anything like that. But until you give evidence for what you believe. It is meaningless beliefs. and if you believe in a scam. Like a pyramid scam. We have the right to call it so. Because that is what it is.

9. Feb 27, 2006 #8
    Code (Text):

om·nip·o·tent
    adj.
        Having unlimited or universal power, authority, or force; all-powerful
    n.
       1. One having unlimited power or authority: the bureaucratic omnipotents.
       2. Omnipotent God. Used with the.

@dictionary.com
    Well thats the definition of the word. So perhaps explain a little further? But perhaps your speaking of imagination. and its simple to defeat that. I give you a paradox and regardless of how "omnipotent" your mind is. you cant defeat it. Which is why its a paradox.

or are you explaining that people can unlock things like telekinesis and telepathy?

10. Feb 27, 2006 #9
    Precisely... perhaps you should read my thread in skepticism and debunking.

You are making me feel very inferior with your words. I'm not sure if that's what you're aiming for. But that is the feeling I am getting... if anyone else is reading this and they do understand my logic, chime in please. I can't explain it too much more... it has many meanings, as I have already pointed out. Yes. My explanation of the mind being omnipotent fits that definition perfectly. You have control over your every move, your every thought, your every second of existence and your every perception of reality.

I'm not here to convert you. I'm not here to preach. Only sharing. Make of it what you will, take it or leave it... but don't pre-dismiss it. I understand and respect your skepticism, but you can ask questions nicely.. and say things that are a bit less threatening... I mean no harm.

something like this... "next is logical evidence or proof. which you havent given anything to." You didn't need to add the last sentence.. just simply ask me what is you wish me to explain.

I will treat you respectfully, kindly and patient... I expect the same back. :) Thank you.

I may say some things you don't understand initially. It's my nature to take meaning and shrink it to its smallest size, while still keeping its meaning.

My words are all wound up tightly together, you have to be gentle when unwrapping.

11. Feb 27, 2006 #10
    Serpo,
    The wisest thing on the subject anyone has ever told me on the subject of religion was Les Sleeth in another thread. (and my father is a minister, so that's saying something)

I've read some of your other posts over the last few days, and frankly, I'm a little concerned for you. I've seen others like you, that have gone through an experience like yours. (and once it ended in a terrible conclusion, hence my concern). Heck, I can't say that I haven't been there before. I do think your heart is in the right place.

to answer the OP.

God to me is the universe in which we live, including the physical laws in which everything obeys.
    My purpose here is to be thankful and try to effect change for the betterment of humanity/world/universe.
    I don't think we are necessarily all tapped to become "fishers of men", and create mass converts, but to let it happen naturally.
    I don't think our actions on earth have any ramifications on whether we reach a heaven or hell. (in fact, that is an attribute to religious dogma as well.) Basically, whatever happens after we die will be the same for everyone.

I can see myself as a God, (not the universal God) as well as everyone else on earth. (a God that just happens to be bound by the laws of physics).

As for proof, I don't have anything other than my thoughts and experiences. The only proof will be revealed when we die. I will admit that in my theory, God doesn't even have to exist at all. But you will have just as much luck proving my God doesn't exist, as I would proving he does.

12. Feb 27, 2006 #11
    RVBUCKEYE
    you have very rational beliefs. and Imma assist you a little. Proof that you exist.

Rene Descartes.
    I think therefore I am.

Essentially it goes.

I am thinking of a rose. This rose exists inside my mind. But The rose can only exist in my mind aslong as my mind exists.

So logically. My mind exists. which is dependant on my brain and body. So they must exist.

So this evidence would be perfect for you. The main reason why im not poking holes. Is because there is no spots that can be poked. There is no paranormal things. such as omnipotence or fancy imaginary people. My guess would be your an agnostic. or Apatheism :bugeye:

You see that a perfect god with omnipotence etc, cant logically exist. But perhaps there is a lesser being who did these claimed things.

The thing i find with that is. If not believing in the non-perfect-god. Essentially its an alien with lots of power and knowledge. and thusly even a human could attain this power. Not making the alien special at all. Well as special as say Michio Kaku compared with Joe Schmo

serpo
    that definately doesnt logically mean omnipotence. which means the power to do ALL.
    well i definately dont have the power to lift 900 kgs of weight. so i conclude you dont mean omnipotence. which removes all the pseudo out.

13. Feb 27, 2006 #12
    Well, I think it is possible that God is omnipotent and infallible, I just don't think it's provable. Mr. Sleeth described it as a bit like Christian Mysticism. I am quite comfortable that I exist. My purpose is clear, and I don't even live up to my ideals, but I try. That's all I can ask of anyone.

14. Feb 27, 2006 #13
    Thats just it. if its not provable or anything. plus that the definition alone is illogical. Then how could you believe it exist over top anything else, even the Invisible Pink Unicorn.

15. Feb 27, 2006 #14
    I agree it's weird. I'm not saying that it is true, or even needs to be true, and I don't believe it's true. Why others insist that this is so, I don't know. One thing about believing in a god that can do anything.....well, he can do anything. How do you convince someone that this way of thinking is wrong? You don't, it's none of our business.

16. Feb 28, 2006 #15
    Omnipotence is not perfection. It is potential. My god is not a who, it's a what. God is the Universe and all that lay within. One is a reflection of the universe. Anything one wishes to know, one has the potential of knowing, anything one wishes to do, one has the potential of doing. One has potential. Everything that is the creator, is a part of you too. The creator gave birth to you. The creator gave birth to all. We all share the creators DNA so to speak. I appreciate your concern for me... but MY concern is for the people. I am fine. Look at this world, look what we fight over. Look where we are headed... and you are concerned for me? Okay... :) God is all that is, that is all that needs to be said. All that is, is all that is. You are included. One is in control. You are your God. When one seeks truth, in actuality one does not pray to a pre-conceived idea of God. One asks one's self in confidence. All powerful? Yes, without the mind one is not here, now you tell me what is all powerful and controls one's very reality and existence? It is the mind. Therefore the mind is capable of, and is omnipotent. One has unlimited power and authority over one's self. One creates and controls everything that one so desires, when one realizes this, one can really begin to take control. One will notice it if one ever does it. Les Sleeth is right. If God is all that is, then God is all that is. That means mistakes too, but in quantum universal extro-spection(view from outside all that is biased, all that one has been taught.. watch the universe move and spin from outside of this universe and these pre-conceived notions of this reality) when viewing things from outside of this minds restrictions and hardwired ways of working ; There is no conceptualization of consistencies without expectation, all things are simply natural. Naturalness, no wrongs, no rights. They are happenning with the natural flow of things. Things are because they are. When one can accept this, one will realize even more of what I speak. Yet, that is the big picture, the small picture is ; One can correct one's own mental faults that are, whenever to be desired, finally recognized. The best advice I can give is to take control of your life. Stop asking questions and seeking answers, instead seek truth. Be kind and gentle to everyone. It's easy to act off of instinct, our instinct is not always to be nice. If you are always thinking about being nice, you are thinking correctly. You will naturally become more smart. Your brain will constantly be seeking truth instead of winning and ego. I just woke up here, so good morning :) One's attitude should effect one's success and failure, not the other way around. One can even be in control one's own death ; one can stop one's own heart. One can take one's own life. The responsibility is ours. The heaven or hell that you speak of can be reached here on this Earth. Success gains its beauty and respect in nakedness. One need not material objects to prove one's success, one's success should be measured mentally, spiritually and emotionally. When one doubts (one's self), one doubts all that is. Don't ever doubt, always have confidence, contemplation is best. Doubting does not seek truth, it seeks excuse, it seeks failure. To effect the future, we must act in what is the perceived present.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2006
  17. Feb 28, 2006 #16
    That's Really Perfect in an imPerfect Way

"That creator doesn't need to be "perfect" to create all that we find here. Maybe he/she/it is doing the best he/she/it is capable of."
    Posted by Les Sleeth

This may not be in keeping to the tradition I was trained in, however I feel this morning that it is quite simply the most loving and forgiving thing I think I have ever heard.
    If we can forgive the creator for creation based on a love and understanding that what ever the creator is, is doing the best it can, then so much can be accepted and understood on the imperfect levels we attempt to comprehend .... EVERYTHING down the line ... In which case it must then be (Trying.."all the way down").

18. Feb 28, 2006 #17
    Yes Shoshana... Les sounds like a very bright man :) I'm glad he is explaining things as well. I opened up so that more of my kind who naturally understand will come forward in the future and guide us back to love and peace. It is true... to understand creation... you must also understand its faults. You understand its naturalness... you understand man's ego and expectation. You understand yourself. :) You're making me smile. I'm glad someone is understanding. Perfection can be found in imperfection. The only thing that kinda hit a sour note with me is the "trying part"... the creator is not trying... the creator just is. We must accept that the creator is the creation and in being so that we are capable of being the creator. Now let's do the best that he/she/it/US are capable of. We are the change, we are the responsibility... all that we seek is within us, and we are all within one another. We ARE the creation, we ARE the creators... We ARE the future. No matter how silly this sounds... this is all true, and we know it. To be completely honest, one must recognize one's own faults and admit them to self and others when need be. In honesty we find truth.

19. Feb 28, 2006 #18
    Serpo,

With all respect due to this being an OPEN forum and my not wanting to discuss things with you privately, I must say that your stating that I "understand" has no attachment to your comments.

In fact I do NOT understand what drives you to place yourself in a position of leadership and insist that folks are unknowing if they do not subscribe to YOUR vision.

Frankly your comments are coming up with red flags all over them.

Do you think you might consider rejoining the rest of the humble human family of which you are a part and enjoy the comfort and joys of normal communications and friendships?

20. Feb 28, 2006 #19
    Expalin to me the meaning of normal communications and friendship? Is that a statement made out of the ignorance of solo perception? It's narrow minded to call an act of thought or being, normal. I'm not seeking a leadership position. I'm seeking peace on Earth and enlightenment in humankind. I'm not a monster, I'm not a communist. Sorry for assuming that you understood, it appeared as if you did. My apologies. What drives me is myself, and my enlightenment in knowing that we all have the potential if we ever so desire it, and the time is now. There are no limitations on this planet. The mind should recognize no restrictions. If I am bringing up red flags everywhere, I'd like to have them pointed out :) I apologize ahead of time. I am a part of the human family... but it is not so humble. Do they care to join US? I don't view a very primitive (in cosmic terms) species of ape which cannot even decide on who's God is correct as a humble family. Maybe we don't live on the same planet. :P Joking. I am no better than anyone else.. as I have stated and will continue to state. If you can find faults in what it is I say... then find the faults. Don't make assumptions about my ambitions... I don't treat you in such a way, nor should anyone else. If you'd like to know what my ambitions are, simply ask. This is not MY vision.. it is the vision of many. This isn't about religion, this is about emotion and awakening to who's in control, our potential to be the best that we can be and using that potential in a positive manner. If we fail to come to a global realization of these things, we will not move forward.. and we will continue to burn in this hell. Children will be killed, brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, friends, aunts, uncles. Is this what we want? Why do we deny what the future will bring when there is no change in the people who are living it?

21. Feb 28, 2006 #20
    Serpo, friend, you just seem to be a little too manic. You posted before that you used mairjuana (in another thread), just cut that out for a while and come back to earth. What you are feeling, if it's anything like what I felt, is exciting. It's ok to be excited. Hopefully you can tell the difference between what is drug induced, and what is real. I apologise if that was too personal for you.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?