Explanation for thread closed

In summary, thread closure occurs when a discussion or conversation on an online platform is terminated by a moderator or administrator. This can happen for a variety of reasons, such as violation of forum rules, lack of constructive discussion, or resolution of the topic. Closed threads are typically no longer open for comments or replies, and serve as a way to maintain order and quality in online discussions.
CureBlindness
Isn't providing a means for people to really learn from experience a good thing?
I got a similar response when I mentioned it elsewhere. Please explain.

I have looked at improving math education as a solution but this type of work
it seems to me is the only way to provide an order of magnitude change.

Physics news on Phys.org
The topic of your thread was mis-leading and inaccurate and had nothing to do with the article you linked. Then your explanation of what you "hoped" the article was about "increasing intelligence" was wrong.

Thank you for bringing up this topic. I believe that providing a means for people to learn from experience is indeed a valuable and effective way to improve education. However, it is important to note that there are many factors that contribute to the success of any educational approach, and it is not a one-size-fits-all solution.

In terms of improving math education, there are certainly many approaches that have been proposed and studied. Some have shown promising results, while others have not been as successful. It is important to continue researching and evaluating different methods to find the most effective ways to teach math.

As for the idea that this type of work is the only way to bring about significant change, I would caution against making such a definitive statement. While experiential learning can be a powerful tool, it is not the only method that can bring about significant improvements in education. Collaborative learning, technology-based learning, and other innovative approaches have also shown promise in enhancing student learning.

In conclusion, providing a means for people to learn from experience is certainly a valuable aspect of education, but it is important to also consider and evaluate other methods in order to make informed decisions about how to improve education as a whole.

What is the purpose of an "Explanation for thread closed"?

An "Explanation for thread closed" is used to provide an explanation for why a particular forum thread has been closed. This allows other users to understand the reason behind the closure and helps to maintain the integrity of the forum.

Why do forum threads get closed?

Forum threads can get closed for various reasons, such as violating the forum's rules and guidelines, being off-topic, or becoming inactive. Closing a thread helps to keep the forum organized and prevents any further discussion on a particular topic.

Who has the authority to close a forum thread?

The authority to close a forum thread usually lies with the forum moderators or administrators. They are responsible for enforcing the forum's rules and have the power to close threads if they deem it necessary.

Can a closed forum thread be reopened?

In some cases, a closed forum thread can be reopened by a moderator or administrator if they believe it is necessary. However, it is ultimately up to their discretion, and they may choose to keep the thread closed.

How can I provide feedback or ask for clarification on a closed thread?

You can contact the forum moderators or administrators to provide feedback or ask for clarification on a closed thread. They will be able to address any concerns or questions you may have regarding the thread closure.