1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Explanation of Human Soul search

1. Jul 31, 2016 #1
    I have read a great deal of psychology and I have a very strong feel that the explanation of human soul must lie in the neurology and study of brain signals especially in strong emotional states like listening to strong lyrical rap music or being in love.

I want to discuss it here so we can make something better out of this abstract idea and get somewhere.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 31, 2016 #2

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

From a scientific point of view (and this is a science forum), there is absolutely no reason to introduce the concept of a soul. What would it explain that cannot be explained without such a concept, and how would it explain that?

4. Jul 31, 2016 #3
    That the human race isn't driven by some absolute entity. The human mind is a complex network of neurons firing and forming patterns. If we could get to the trigger of the neuron at the base level and analyse some phenomenons, we may converge at the thing not explained yet(Higgs field) and we may find the missing part of the whole big equation.

5. Jul 31, 2016 #4

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

What does that mean?
    Right.
    That does not make sense at all.

To study the Higgs field, for example, you need something that depends on the properties of the Higgs field - like Higgs bosons. To produce Higgs bosons, you need a particle accelerator. You can't learn anything about the Higgs by studying a human brain (unless that human brain is a scientist working in particle physics, but then it is easier to just ask that person).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted