Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Explanation please

1. Nov 20, 2005 #1
    S&D either needs to revised, or Ivan needs to apologize and do some explaining to why he is, as a moderator in an authoritative position on this website, calling my skepticism and debunking threads things such as “pedestrian speculation”. I do not insult or make fun of peoples intelligence, and I find is sickening that a moderator would. Yet he is allowed to talk about sasquatches, UFO’s, Aliens, and ‘Nessie. Now if that is not considered pedestrian speculation, then someone needs to define pedestrian speculation for me. If this question is continuously deleted and locked, I will post it somewhere else. If it happens again I will get in contact with the Webmaster, or whoever controls the website. I believe in equality, and I am not a pushover, so don’t think I am just going to disappear if I am continuously ignored. I enjoy posting on this website, but when this is going on. Thank you.

Extremely Angry,
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 20, 2005 #2

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I explained the rules to you.
  4. Nov 20, 2005 #3

Staff: Mentor

S&D is for talking about UFO's and Sasquatch and Ghosts, etc... It is NOT for what we used to refer to as "Theory Development" or non-mainstream to outright crackpot science.

Ivan is correct in locking or deleting any such posts from S&D. Your posts have been discussed in the mentor's private forum and Ivan is acting with unanimous support.

I am locking this because the guidelines you agreed to state that any questions of this nature are to be discussed by pm or e-mail to the staff.
  5. Nov 20, 2005 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Thanks Evo.

Just to help make this clear one more time: We explore fringe evidence and claims of personal experience, not crackpot theories, conspiracy theories, or personal ideas about mainstream subject matter.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?