Exploding cutting disc

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
Redbelly98
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Solid stainless, 60 mm :bugeye: not much wheel left indeed!

~christina~
Gold Member
:bugeye: Don't give anyone any new ideas on how to injure themselves! :surprised
Lets assume that given all the spelling errors (that I just noticed), no one will be able to figure out what it says. :biggrin:

Ouabache
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Wollie, hope your finger mends quickly!! No fun having injured body parts.
I've used a cutting disk tool like that, to cut off steel bolts and cut through exhaust pipe. I put on work gloves & safety glasses, when I noticed the sparks begin to fly. Its usually during the dog days of summer when I am doing this kind of work and I tend to wear something cool such as lightweight shirt and shorts. Luckily there have been no accidents, however your cut finger and all the suggestions for protective gear, are teaching me new respect for this power tool.

I always manage to leave a bit of blood on a wrench type job. I figure that if you don't donate a bit of blood, you are not serious about it. Wolie, you must be one serious dude! :cool:
Okay, that made me laugh.

I hope your finger heals up soon Wolram. Be careful, please. There seem to be more than a few accident prone people on this board. Are you sure your finger doesn't require stitches? A cut that long and that deep sounds like at least a suture or two to me.

:bugeye: Don't give anyone any new ideas on how to injure themselves! :surprised
I have fun trying to do electrical work without throwing the breaker to 'off'.

I have fun trying to do electrical work without throwing the breaker to 'off'.
You can safely check to see if the breaker is off by touching a bare wire with the back of your hand. If the wire is hot the jolt will jerk your hand back away from the wire. :eek:

This can be painful. The higher the voltage the bigger the jerk Not recommended for 440 volts