Ansys Explosion Simulation: Methane Gas Parameters

In summary, the speaker is having trouble simulating an explosion involving methane in AnSys due to the lack of the material in the program. They are unsure of the explosion parameters for methane and are asking if anyone can provide the necessary information. They also mention alternative options in the program, but are struggling to find the correct parameters for the given scenario."
krzywan901
Hi everyone,

I have a problem. I need doing simulation in AnSys about explosion methane (as gas), unfortunately program has not such material and I do not know explosion parameters of methane (8.5% in air). I am enclosing picture with parameter of TNT (AnSys has material TNT), and does someone know about what parameters should has methane gas and could you share with me?

Best regards

Attachments

• Parameters of TNT.jpg
    Parameters of TNT.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 277
Chemistry news on Phys.org
My mistake I do not good know program yet, therefore such stupid things came out.I do not good know program yet, therefore such stupid thing gone. Anyway now I would like give correct question.
I saw other option in program. Do you know such parameters of methane gas:
1. Adiabatic exponent γ (without unit),
2. Pressure schift (kPa),
3. Specific internal energy (J/kg)
4. Velocity explosive (mm/s)
5. Time of explosion (s)
For 8,5% methane in air and temperature - 293 K
I am trying looking for, but for me this is not readable.

Regards

1. What is Ansys Explosion Simulation?

Ansys Explosion Simulation is a computer software program used for simulating and analyzing explosions in various environments. It is commonly used in industries such as oil and gas, aerospace, and defense to assess the potential risks and consequences of explosions.

2. How does Ansys Explosion Simulation simulate methane gas explosions?

Ansys Explosion Simulation uses advanced computational fluid dynamics (CFD) methods to model the behavior of methane gas in an explosion. This includes factors such as gas flow, heat transfer, and chemical reactions, which are essential for accurately predicting the explosion dynamics.

3. What parameters are important when simulating methane gas explosions in Ansys Explosion Simulation?

The key parameters for simulating methane gas explosions in Ansys Explosion Simulation include the gas concentration, ignition source, and environmental conditions such as temperature and pressure. Other important parameters include the geometry of the explosion site and the properties of the surrounding materials.

4. Can Ansys Explosion Simulation be used to optimize explosion safety measures?

Yes, Ansys Explosion Simulation can be used to optimize explosion safety measures by simulating different scenarios and assessing the effectiveness of various safety measures. This can help in designing and implementing appropriate safety protocols to minimize the risk of explosions in industrial settings.

5. Is Ansys Explosion Simulation accurate in predicting the behavior of methane gas explosions?

Yes, Ansys Explosion Simulation has been extensively validated and shown to be highly accurate in predicting the behavior of methane gas explosions. However, the accuracy of the simulation results also depends on the input parameters and assumptions used in the simulation, so it is important to ensure that these are as realistic as possible.