Try this: instead of 2^(1/2), use some variable, r, for the (1/2). Now you have
something like (3*2^r)^(2^r), convert this into ordinary algebraic notation so it is easier to understand; and then use your laws of exponents.
It would look better if I had access to TEX right now.
Three to the square root of two power, multiplied by two to the [square root of two] over two power. It may read complicated, but it looks neat on my paper.
We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving