Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Extensive Organic Chemistry Database

1. Nov 11, 2003 #1
    Hi there! This is my first post here, so a short introduction: my name is Rui Monteiro and i´m a Chemical Engineering student in Portugal, i´m 19. (btw, anyone from Portugal?)

So, what brings me here:
    I came up with this Organic Chemistry Database (with a few inorganic compounds there too), wich has almost everything. You can search by name, formula, reaction or whatever, plus you can choose what you want to see: IR, MS and UV/Vis. spectrum (missing RMN spectrum there), reactions, ion energetics....
    I´ve been looking for this type of database for a long time, i hope you guys enjoy taking a look at all the features and eventually use it :)

Here is the link:

Organic Chemistry Database

I hope this wasn´t posted here before, if it was, i´m truly sorry then.

(had to edit this, forgot to add the link lol)
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2003
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 11, 2003 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Welcome Rui!

Thank you for posting that link! If you have got any other usefull links related to Chemistry, please post them. When there are enough we could create a Chemistry resource page
  4. Nov 11, 2003 #3
    You came up with an NIST database, eh?

Perhaps your school in Portugal has purchased access to SciFinder Scholar?
  5. Nov 11, 2003 #4
    You´re welcome Monique! :)

My faculty has access to SciFinder Scholar i think, but i found this link at yahoo.com.

6. Nov 12, 2003 #5
    another good site

I found a really good site with a large data base (and its free)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?