Find Quality Physics Problems & Solutions: Cheap Textbook Options

• Thread starter logan3
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, the person is looking for an inexpensive book with quality pencil and paper physics problems and solutions for practice. They are open to using an older textbook edition and would like 40-50 or more problems per physics topic. They specifically ask for recommendations from someone who has used the books. They are interested in topics such as classical physics, electric and magnetic forces, fluids, thermal, waves and optics, and atomic/nuclear physics. They also mention checking copyright rules and suggest a website for finding Russian/Soviet era problem books. They also provide recommendations for Serway Physics, University Physics, Ginacoli, Resnick Halliday, REA Physics Problem Solver, and Schaum's 3000 Solved Problems in Physics.
logan3
Hi, is there an inexpensive book with some quality pencil & paper physics problems (& solutions) that I can do for practice? Even an older textbook edition would be fine as long as the problems are good quality. I'd really like 40-50 or more problems per physics topic.

Thank-you.

P.S. Please only recommend me books that you've used.

Physics news on Phys.org
What level? High school? College/university? With or without calculus?

jtbell said:
What level? High school? College/university? With or without calculus?
Either with or without calculus is fine.

Classical Physics (Kinematics, Newton, Work/Power/Energy, Rotational Motion, etc.)
Electric & Magnetic Forces, Fields, Potential
Fluids
Thermal
Waves & Optics
Atomic/Nuclear Physics

And if the source continues after these then that's fine -- because I can refer back to the book in advanced topics for added value.

Thank-you

check your country's copyright rule and go here mirtitles.org all Russian/Soviet era problem books Irodov to Pinsky can be found in PDF. format.

And if you want 40-50 problems a chapter then Serway Physics is good and for 100 above University Physics, Ginacoli, Resnick Halliday may be the best for Calculus based Physics.

1. How can I access quality physics problems and solutions?

There are several ways to access quality physics problems and solutions. You can search for free resources online, such as websites and forums dedicated to physics education. You can also purchase textbooks or study guides that include a variety of physics problems and solutions. Additionally, many universities have online resources available for students to access.

2. Are there any cheap textbook options for finding quality physics problems and solutions?

Yes, there are several cheap textbook options available for finding quality physics problems and solutions. You can look for used textbooks, purchase e-books, or rent textbooks from online retailers. You can also check with your university's bookstore for any discounted options.

3. How do I know if the physics problems and solutions are of good quality?

One way to determine if physics problems and solutions are of good quality is to look for reputable sources. This could include textbooks from well-known publishers, websites or forums with positive reviews from students and educators, or resources from established universities. You can also check for accuracy and clarity in the solutions provided.

4. Can I find physics problems and solutions for specific topics or levels?

Yes, you can find physics problems and solutions for specific topics or levels. Many textbooks and study guides are organized by topic or level, making it easy to find problems and solutions for a particular subject area. You can also search for online resources or forums that specialize in specific topics or levels of physics education.

5. Are there any interactive resources available for finding physics problems and solutions?

Yes, there are interactive resources available for finding physics problems and solutions. These can include online simulations, virtual labs, and interactive problem-solving tools. These resources can be especially helpful for visual learners and can provide a more engaging and hands-on learning experience.