1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Extra Physics Practice

1. Dec 20, 2012 #1
    Hi, is there an inexpensive book with some quality pencil & paper physics problems (& solutions) that I can do for practice? Even an older textbook edition would be fine as long as the problems are good quality. I'd really like 40-50 or more problems per physics topic.

Thank-you.

P.S. Please only recommend me books that you've used.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 20, 2012 #2

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

What level? High school? College/university? With or without calculus?

4. Dec 21, 2012 #3
    Either with or without calculus is fine.

Classical Physics (Kinematics, Newton, Work/Power/Energy, Rotational Motion, etc.)
    Electric & Magnetic Forces, Fields, Potential
    Fluids
    Thermal
    Waves & Optics
    Atomic/Nuclear Physics

And if the source continues after these then that's fine -- because I can refer back to the book in advanced topics for added value.

Thank-you

5. Dec 21, 2012 #4
    check your country's copyright rule and go here mirtitles.org all Russian/Soviet era problem books Irodov to Pinsky can be found in PDF. format.

And if you want 40-50 problems a chapter then Serway Physics is good and for 100 above University Physics, Ginacoli, Resnick Halliday may be the best for Calculus based Physics.

6. Dec 23, 2012 #5
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook