Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Extra terrestrial life beyond our blue planet

1. May 21, 2009 #1
    Everone is curious if there is any extra terrestrial life beyond our blue planet.

do aliens really exist?

Some organizations claim that they've got the strong evidences about existence of alien or the landing of alienship on earth, is it true?

any comments'd be appreciated.

cheers,
    ryan.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2009
  2. jcsd
  3. May 21, 2009 #2

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Re: alien?

The evidence, as of now, does not meet scientific standards for reliability.

4. May 21, 2009 #3

There will exist extra terrestial life because we cant be alone in such vast a universe but the probability of us ever having an interaction with such life is neglibly negligible

5. May 21, 2009 #4

russ_watters

Such absolutes like "can't" don't apply to a problem where there is no direct evidence to support any conclusion.

6. May 22, 2009 #5

madmike159

Gold Member

Some one (sorry can't remember who it was) when asked if he thought life existed in other parts of the universe replied "I hope so, otherwise it’s a big waste of space".
    I doubt aliens have landed here. Even if they had FTL travel the effort for them to get here wouldn't be worth it if all they did was fly around or make crop circles.

7. May 22, 2009 #6

If there were aliens(much intelligent species) travelling our planet in UFO's , why they land only in developed countries like USA,russia Germany etc,why not in very poor countries I guess its the false propaganda made by government of rich country publicizing that they have well understand space and have a lot of progress in that.
    i believe that there may be living organism in other planet ,but we cannot be sure if they are under/above intelligent than us.

8. May 22, 2009 #7

Because I assume the aliens want to interact with intelligent humans. Aka developed countries :D

9. May 22, 2009 #8

Our supposed aliens are to be millionth times intelligent than intelligent humans,why would they visit the species having intelligency,1millionth of the themselves

10. May 22, 2009 #9

russ_watters

That would be Matthew McConaughey's character in Contact....great movie.

11. May 22, 2009 #10

madmike159

Gold Member

Yea thats the one. Best line "Thats hydrogen times pi".
    I think for alien's to get here they would need a higher level intelligence than us.

12. May 22, 2009 #11

Borek

Sounds like contradiction to me - if they have a higher level of inteligence than we do, they won't get here.

13. May 23, 2009 #12

Yeah, the most UFO encounters are recorded in US, that doesn't necessarily mean most US Americans have video camera. I think US government is working on secret super technology aircrafts but I don't agree that they are working with aliens. yeah, I also can't understand why UFO's are only encountered mostly in developed countires. Some even claim that they've been kidnapped by aliens, lol. If I're kidnapped I'd take control of their alienship with my evil mind, lol.

14. May 23, 2009 #13

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Your premise is false. Without addressing the claim of ET directly, UFO reports are not limited to industrialized countries. In fact, in Peru, the idea of visiting ETs is almost taken for granted; esp with the older people.

15. May 23, 2009 #14

well it was up to my knowlege.:redface:

16. May 23, 2009 #15

This is where you are dead wrong, there have been reports in countries all over the world even in third world countries.

Here is a good video by astrophysicist Dr. Michio Kaku.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  17. May 24, 2009 #16

I wonder why I always hear about things like aliens, ghosts or UFOs, and yet I haven't seen any of them in my whole years of living on earth. My guess is that I will never see these exotic things, and this is too bad! :frown:. Perhaps there is only one wicked alien that is wandering the earth trying to mock us, the lucky son of a b...:mad:

Last edited: May 24, 2009
  18. Jun 15, 2009 #17

They exist. I don't know why they are here. I don't know where/when they are from. I can't explain how they might travel across - what we perceive as - vast space IF they come from other star-systems.

I do know I have seen two moving in tandem one evening - DEFINIETLY NOT a plane or anything else that flies around this earth that anyone has ever knowingly invented. No sound and super-fast.

I had a very close relative who was sworn to secrecy - working for the Canadian Federal Government. Years ago, he told me that he was involved with a few interesting projects with the military after WWII. He was commissioned to investigate UFO sightings. He said that he couldn't give me any information because of his secrecy oath but he did say: "I started the program a skeptic; when I finished I knew for sure that we are not alone in the universe." From someone as honest and true as this man - I HAVE to believe it.

19. Jun 15, 2009 #18

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

What exactly did you see?

20. Jun 15, 2009 #19

When it happened, I reported it to Peter Davenport of NUFORC:

Click http://www.nuforc.org/webreports/043/S43202.html" [Broken] for my report.

The whole list of sitings from my province at NUFORC is found http://www.nuforc.org/webreports/ndxlON.html" [Broken].

If you go to the Ontario sitings link within NUFORC - via link directly above - you will notice my report dated: 3/27/05 20:40 Brampton (Canada) directly above it - later on in the evening - another report was apparently logged: 3/27/05 22:15 Brampton (Canada)

Davenport runs a pretty tight ship and is well respected. There is a lot of great reading and reports within the site from all over North America.

http://www.nuforc.org/" [Broken]

The data base for North America - although titled "National" - is found http://www.nuforc.org/webreports.html" [Broken].

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  21. Jun 15, 2009 #20

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Thanks. If you haven't done so already, be sure to take a look at the UFO Napster at the top of the S&D page. Note that the NSA [National Security Agency] just reorganized their site again, so while the reports cited are still available, not all NSA links are working.

Why do you think that you saw alien spacecrafts, and not some unrecognized natural phenomenon, or an unfamiliar technology?

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook