Extraterrestrial Weapons Ban

• Thread starter Dark Knight1
  • Start date
In summary: I found the article! It's from a journal called Environmental Science and Technology. Here it is:"The use of power lines to deliver electricity has been correlated with instances of cancer in human populations, according to a study published in Environmental Science and Technology.The study, carried out by researchers at the University of Utah in the USA, used data from the US National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) to track the incidence of cancer in people living near power lines.The team found that cancer incidence was significantly higher in people living within 300 metres of power lines, compared to people living more than 1,000 metres away from the lines.The study's lead author, Michael Verra, said:
Dark Knight1
Wanna see something cool?

Goto http://thomas.loc.gov/

This is the website to the US Library of Congress. Goto the column marked Legislation and click on the link for Bill Text for 101st - 108th Congress. At the top of the next page, click on the link for the 107th Congress. Once at the 107th Congress page, in the Search Engine box marked Bill Number. type in HR 2977 and click search. This will take you to Proposed Bill HR 2977 of the First Session of the 107th US Congress. It was a bill Proposed to keep Outer Space free of Weapons.

Scroll down to the bottom and look at the listing of Exotic Weapons to be banned...what exactly are the Extraterrestrial Weapons? Psychotronic Devices? Climate Weapons (google a thing called HAARP for info on that).

The bill did not pass, by the way.

Physics news on Phys.org
I mean just curious, the ET Weapon, could that mean stuff WE send up?

What's the Psychotronic Weapon? Street? Chemtrails? :confused:

Here's an article that sheds some light on the word "psychotronics:"

The term psychotronics is widespread--the
creation of various technical devices based on energy from a
bio-field, that is, a specific physical field existing around a
living organism. This is how the concept of psychotronic
weapons, created based on using paranormal properties of the
human organism, entered military terminology.

It is difficult now to assess the consequences to which the
use of psychotronic weapons will lead. Many western experts,
including military analysts, assume that the country making the
first decisive breakthrough in this field will gain a
superiority over its enemy that is comparable only with the
monopoly of nuclear weapons. In the future, these type of
weapons may become the cause of illnesses or death of an object
(person), and without any risk to the life of the operator
(person emitting the command). Psychotronic weapons are silent,
difficult to detect, and require the efforts of one or several
operators as a source of power. Therefore, scientific and
military circles abroad are very concerned over a possible
"psychic invasion" and note the need to begin work on taking
corresponding countermeasures.

LOL! Funny stuff! :smile:

Source: http://www.soci.niu.edu/~crypt/other/pavly.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Now what are you saying...we all have an energy field and the military has learned how to take it down using these devices?

If they are writing up bills including this stuff I have to believe they exist...OH, by the way, I was corrected elsewhere...the bill did in fact pass but it was diluted as to lose all original meaning.

Here's the mean excerpt for those of you that did not click on the 1-7th Congress and instead went to the 108th COngress HR 2977...which talks about baby changing stations:

(2)(A) The terms `weapon' and `weapons system' mean a device capable of any of the following:

(i) Damaging or destroying an object (whether in outer space, in the atmosphere, or on earth) by--

(I) firing one or more projectiles to collide with that object;

(II) detonating one or more explosive devices in close proximity to that object;

(III) directing a source of energy (including molecular or atomic energy, subatomic particle beams, electromagnetic radiation, plasma, or extremely low frequency (ELF) or ultra low frequency (ULF) energy radiation) against that object; or
(IV) any other unacknowledged or as yet undeveloped means.

(ii) Inflicting death or injury on, or damaging or destroying, a person (or the biological life, bodily health, mental health, or physical and economic well-being of a person)--
(I) through the use of any of the means described in clause (i) or subparagraph (B);

(II) through the use of land-based, sea-based, or space-based systems using radiation, electromagnetic, psychotronic, sonic, laser, or other energies directed at individual persons or targeted populations for the purpose of information war, mood management, or mind control of such persons or populations; or
(III) by expelling chemical or biological agents in the vicinity of a person.

(B) Such terms include exotic weapons systems such as--

(i) electronic, psychotronic, or information weapons;

(ii) chemtrails;

(iii) high altitude ultra low frequency weapons systems;

(iv) plasma, electromagnetic, sonic, or ultrasonic weapons;

(v) laser weapons systems;

(vi) strategic, theater, tactical, or extraterrestrial weapons; and

(vii) chemical, biological, environmental, climate, or tectonic weapons.

(C) The term `exotic weapons systems' includes weapons designed to damage space or natural ecosystems (such as the ionosphere and upper atmosphere) or climate, weather, and tectonic systems with the purpose of inducing damage or destruction upon a target population or region on Earth or in space.

Artorius: Do not see what is so funny about possible military psychotronic devices just read,look,listen about mkultra. An interesting recently published article about the statistics of power lines correlated to instances of cancer seems to show electromagnetic radiation in some frequencys? might well effect people. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/1202453.stm it was on NHS website and some journal as well though I can not find them now (probably NHS got it from the first source).
EDIT: EDIT :/

Last edited:
The bill sounds like it was written by a conspiracy theorist (that HAARP can control the weather is a one of the more absurd conspiracy theories). But it could also be that the senator who proposed it was worried about future capabilities. Ie, space-based weapons were banned before they were invented. Either way, it doesn't mean we have any of those capabilities.

usrename, that power lines cause cancer is a tabloid-style hoax, started, perpetuated, and milked for profit by a single reporter for 20+ years and picked-up on by other reporters and politicians. Most real scientists don't accept the conclusion and point out that correlation does not equal causation. There are other risk factors for cancer that can also be associated with power lines - like poverty. So do power lines cause poverty or does poverty cause cancer...?

I have occasionally used an EMF detector for my job, and its an interesting experience. The bottom line is that field strength drops off very quickly with distance: you get far, far more EMF exposure by watching your microwave pop popcorn or resting your laptop on your lap.

Last edited:
OK, I found this too, in the Times of London...I'll leave the link to the article at the bottom:

Brainwash victims win cash claims
Karin Goodwin

HUNDREDS of mentally ill patients who were subjected to barbaric CIA-funded brainwashing experiments by a Scottish doctor could be entitled to compensation following a landmark court ruling.
Doctor Ewan Cameron, who became one of the world’s leading psychiatrists, developed techniques used by Nazi scientists to wipe out the existing personalities of people in his care.

Cameron, who graduated from Glasgow University, was recruited by the CIA during the cold war while working at McGill University in Montreal, Canada.

He carried out mind-control experiments using drugs such as LSD on hundreds of patients, but only 77 of them were awarded compensation.

Now a landmark ruling by a Federal Court judge in Montreal will allow more than 250 former patients, whose claims were rejected, to seek compensation.

Gail Kastner, who underwent electroshock treatment at a Montreal psychiatric institute in 1953, and whose claim was rejected 10 years ago, successfully appealed the judgment.

Last week, Alan Stein, of Montreal law firm Stein and Stein, which represented Kastner, confirmed he was in the process of contacting former clients who could now renew their appeal.

“There are about 200 people still due compensation,” he said. “This judgment should send out strong signals to the Canadian government. Those who have previously missed out should have a strong case for appealing.”

Using techniques similar to those portrayed in the celebrated novel the Manchurian Candidate, it was believed that people could be brainwashed and reprogrammed to carry out specific acts.

Cameron developed a range of depatterning “treatments” while director of the Allan Memorial Institute at McGill University.

Patients were woken from drug-induced stupors two or three times a day for multiple electric shocks. In a specially designed “sleep room” made famous by Anne Collins’s book of the same name, Cameron placed a speaker under the patient’s pillow and relayed negative messages for 16 hours a day.

Kastner was a 19-year-old honours student suffering from mild depression when she first underwent “treatment” in 1953. On returning home she sucked her thumb, demanded to be fed from a bottle, talked in a baby voice and urinated on the floor.

She was ostracised by her affluent family, who were unable to cope with her changed state, and her marriage in 1955 quickly broke down due to her difficulties.

Cameron, who was born in Bridge of Allan in 1901, rose to become the first president of the World Psychiatric Association.

It took two decades and the persistence of Joseph Rauh, the distinguished American civil liberties lawyer, to uncover what happened and secure compensation for some of Cameron’s victims.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2090-1313808,00.html

Interesting (disturbing), but it has nothing to do with this bill. Forcing people to take acid doesn't constitute a mind control weapon.

Btw, I said HAARP is an absurd conspiracy theory: well, "chemtrails" are little short of moronic. I'm not a pshrink, but I'd seriously recommend anyone who believes in that to consult one.

usrename, that power lines cause cancer is a tabloid-style hoax, started, perpetuated, and milked for profit by a single reporter for 20+ years and picked-up on by other reporters and politicians. Most real scientists don't accept the conclusion and point out that correlation does not equal causation. There are other risk factors for cancer that can also be associated with power lines - like poverty. So do power lines cause poverty or does poverty cause cancer...?

I have occasionally used an EMF detector for my job, and its an interesting experience. The bottom line is that field strength drops off very quickly with distance: you get far, far more EMF exposure by watching your microwave pop popcorn or resting your laptop on your lap.

Well seems that this is what the latest study concluded. Still don't like the idea of working directly under one though.
This link I found has a lot of information about the subject for anybody interested.
http://www.mcw.edu/gcrc/cop/powerlines-cancer-FAQ/toc.html

Last edited:
I know all about mind control try listening to the coast to coast radio show with art bell as you go to sleep every night for a month or two. You will soon start see some unusual effects lol :uhh:

I take it you didn't go to the Library of Congress Website? Or did you go to the baby changing station bill? Do you really believe a congressman would submit a bill protecting against imaginary wepaons (do you read popular science or popular mechanics?)

CIA has worked in different methods of Mind Control since the 50's, and if you actually read the article or know who Ewen Cameron is, they didn't feed the patients acid.

They kept the patients unconscious for most of the week, then woke them up just long enough to give them intensive electro shock therapy, way higher than normal. Then they were put out again.

username said:
This link I found has a lot of information about the subject for anybody interested.
http://www.mcw.edu/gcrc/cop/powerlines-cancer-FAQ/toc.html
This is as far as I read, and its far enough:
the more recent epidemiological studies show little evidence that either power lines or "electrical occupations" are associated with an increase in cancer (see Q19);
laboratory studies have shown little evidence of a link between power-frequency fields and cancer (see Q16);
an extensive series of studies have shown what life-time exposure of animals to power-frequency magnetic fields does not cause cancer (see Q16B);
a connection between power line fields and cancer is physically implausible (see Q18).
Dark Knight1 said:
I take it you didn't go to the Library of Congress Website? Or did you go to the baby changing station bill? Do you really believe a congressman would submit a bill protecting against imaginary wepaons (do you read popular science or popular mechanics?)
I subscribe to PM and I read PS occasionally - and I absolutely believe a Congressman could be dumb enough to pass legislation about imaginary weapons: heck, we spent something like a $30 billion on Star Wars!

I have read about the RF weaponry that is currently on Earth, and the potential to use the RF weaponry potential, in the haarp array. It is no secret that whole groups of individuals can be sickened and terrified by this stuff. There have been cattle deaths attributed to these experiments, and it is alleged that entire species can be killed by the use of their vital frequencies. There are wonderful new weapons, like the Silent Scream, and now microwave weapons that guard a perimeter by burning anyone that enters it. Dennis Kucinich, is a very bright American Senator, and knows what is up. I am sorry you have never heard of this stuff, since it is very interesting, and terrifying. Again, in Japan already, coke machines put sounds into the heads of passers by, this stuff is called Synthetic telepathy, by the individuals that don't like its potential for misuse.

Here is the link to the silent scream technology, for now the bandwith regarding the weapon, has been taken up by the anti abortion movement.

http://www.earthisland.org/project/newsPage2.cfm?newsID=634&pageID=177&subSiteID=44

russ_watters said:
This is as far as I read, and its far enough: I subscribe to PM and I read PS occasionally - and I absolutely believe a Congressman could be dumb enough to pass legislation about imaginary weapons: heck, we spent something like a $30 billion on Star Wars!

Indeed. Given the amount of political riff-raff, its a wonder that some of these congressmen could make informed decisions on anything. In my government textbook there is an instance of a Representative getting up and saying "Mr. Speaker, what bill did we just pass?"

Dayle Record said:
I have read about the RF weaponry that is currently on Earth, and the potential to use the RF weaponry potential, in the haarp array. It is no secret that whole groups of individuals can be sickened and terrified by this stuff. There have been cattle deaths attributed to these experiments, and it is alleged that entire species can be killed by the use of their vital frequencies. There are wonderful new weapons, like the Silent Scream, and now microwave weapons that guard a perimeter by burning anyone that enters it. Dennis Kucinich, is a very bright American Senator, and knows what is up. I am sorry you have never heard of this stuff, since it is very interesting, and terrifying. Again, in Japan already, coke machines put sounds into the heads of passers by, this stuff is called Synthetic telepathy, by the individuals that don't like its potential for misuse.

When will humanity ever learn to stop making these weapons of war and destruction?

Last edited:
Dayle Record said:
I am sorry you have never heard of this stuff...
You misunderstand: I have heard of all of this stuff. But I'm an engineer and pretty well up on what our current level of technology is. People who tend to believe this kind of thing believe it because to them, pretty much all technology looks like magic anyway. They don't see the difference between a microwave oven, a radar, a microwave weapon (nothing but power output between those 3), and Star Wars (a $30 billion boondoggle in the '80s that just now is starting to become feasible).

The media (like Popular Science) is partially responsible for this, because they tell interesting stories that don't necessarily connect with reality. For some reason, this is more true when reporting science than anything else. Ever hear someone say "where the heck is my flying car??@!?"? You know why people say that? Because "Popular Science" has run flying car stories almost once a year since the '60s. They have never been feasible and they still aren't - but if "Popular Science" says they're coming (hopefully, by the mid -80s :uhh: ), its got to be true, right? Right...?

Also, people who consider all weapons to be inherrently evil refuse to accept (or just plain don't understand) the difference between different weapons. There is a real morality issue with "non-lethal" weapons, but you don't see it.

Last edited:
The Silent Scream weapon is an amplified version of more innocuous stuff that is on the market for the private sector. Some large chains use "in the skull" anti shoplifting technology, the same technology that can cause illness and discomfort at slightly different frequencies. The thing about the extremely unpleasant Silent Scream weapon, is that it is billed as a crowd control means for domestic police to use. These weapons are innately immoral, the thought that these things will be used on American Citizens, who make some noise about something is troubling. The huge arrays that sweep the oceans and landmasses with Low frequency waves, disturb many living things. We are such cowards as a whole that we destroy so much innocent life to make sure the haves here, including me, never have a moment of uncertainty.

The other disturbing thing about this new technology, is that some of it was so heinous, that monetary support for development was curtailed in government, so it just sidestepped into the private sector. Tell me when you can buy that little mechanical sending unit, that will absolutely en-trance women? I think the Mac O Matic, is already on the market. I have already run into some of this kind of personal energy enhancement stuff, in the private sector.

So the big stuff in the sky, well it is already there, we are trying to control the space weather, and people feel that messing with these macro energy systems, is okay, but I maintain that the upper atmosphere, is a common domain, and should not be messed with. I maintain that weather scientists do not know nearly enough about the relationship of the sun, and its energies to the Earth, to alter them. I think that the frequencies that have to do with the working of our minds, need to be left alone. I think there should be common inviolate domain, and agreements need to be made that leave them pristine as a world goal. That would be the life in the seas, the seas themselves, the atmosphere, and what wild land is left.

A while ago there was a discussion, regarding using the moon as a bill board. Did you ever hear about that? Japanese companies were supposedly developing the projection capability, to put ads up on the full moon. Anyway, there are some real, sacred things, but we don't recognise them, we have our noses stuck in these distracting little books, that actually take us away from the real magic and beauty of living on earth.

To me this is a matter of self respect, those that abuse the public trust with this sort of experimentation, forget that they also will be the victims of this stuff. Many people suffer acute tinnitis, I met one man that had to wear three electric disruptors, for three frequencies that he couldn't stop hearing, to distraction. The devices were prescribed by a physician.

At the close of this election, scientists were using MRI's to differentiate between Democrats and Republicans, yes. This whole category, is the psychic equivalent of having a guy move in next door, who owns a collection of jack hammers that he likes to play with on the weekend, and there isn't a law on the books that says he can't do it if he pleases to.

Dayle Record said:
These weapons are innately immoral...
Tell me why.

EDIT: perhaps we should continue along that vein in THIS thread...

Last edited:
Ah, time finally to breathe and type. The Pops Mags? If you're comparing military tech to World of Tomorrow stuff where flying cars are supposed to exist by 1965, then I'd agree. But then, what about the Stealth Bomber?

And quite frankly, unless you have access to military tech programs I highly doubt you are up to date on current tech. I would doubt anyone is.

I'll post one more site for the heck of it,...it belongs to Cheryl Welsh.

Cheryl is one of the few people on the planet the UN considers a non-lethal weapons expert. Want proof? This is what you do. Go to te website for the http://www.unidir.org/bdd/fiche-ouvrage.php?ref_ouvrage=92-9045-002-2-en

Then Clink on the link that says Launch of the 2002 Media Guide to Disarmament in Geneva. Click on the link that says Media Guide (you will need acrobat reader to view). Goto page 25 of the Media Guide and you will see Cheryl's name listed as one of several experts.

Cheryl is also a lawyer and works for people who have been involuntary participates in the research of these devices. Cheryl Welsh Web Site

You know, when something horrific and traumatic happens to a person, it becomes next to impossible to verbalize the experience in full detail to communicate what is happening to them to people on the outside. And since most people on the outside, scientists especially, lack basic empathy skills and understanding, they tend to brush aside people's suffering on the basis of what they are describing versus taking the trauma into account and making an effort to listen.

The people who are suffering are human beings, not conspiracy theories and they really should be treated as such assuming people can learn to be compassionate and listen and not wax philosophical. It's easy to drown out the human being when your focus is solely on the tech...you can even forget humanituy conveniently after a while.

I have a copy somewhere of a congressional record where one of the congressman was discussing the testing of said devices on humans (no mention of involuntary participation). If I find it I'll post it and the instructions on locating it in congress.

Dark Knight1 said:
Ah, time finally to breathe and type. The Pops Mags? If you're comparing military tech to World of Tomorrow stuff where flying cars are supposed to exist by 1965, then I'd agree. But then, what about the Stealth Bomber?
What about the stealth bomber? Neat technology. Great book on the history of stealth you should read if you're interested - called "Skunk Works." ...but it isn't as exotic as you think.
And quite frankly, unless you have access to military tech programs I highly doubt you are up to date on current tech. I would doubt anyone is.
But you think "Popular Science" is...? Is that supposed to be a joke?
Want proof? This is what you do...
I'm not seeing a point, nor any evidence of anything relevant to the thread there. Could you be a little more specific as to what that is supposed to be telling me? Are you talking about this thing with the CIA drugging people? Quite frankly, I don't care about that. I don't doubt that it happened, but it has nothing to do with this thread. I don't know how we got from extraterrestrial weapons to the CIA drugging people, but if you're implying that they're the same thing - they aren't.

The point of this thread:
-HAARP isn't about mind control or weather control.
-"Chemtrails" are contrails.
-Microwave weapons aren't as exotic as you think they are.
-Stealth isn't as exotic as you think it is.

Bottom line, the bill was, apparently, written by someone who doesn't know the difference between conspiracy theory and reality, exotic and mundane.

edit (reading back...): maybe that last part was a little unfair: the bill doesn't say anything about HAARP or chemtrails - that was you. Judging from the context, "extraterrestrial weapons" was just poor wording - it means space-based, not aliens. It looks like much ado about nothing here - a product of your conspiracy-theory oriented mind.

Last edited:
It never fails to amuse me how wowed people are by technology they don't understand. Setting people on fire with microwave energy? Do you have any comprehension of the amount of power necessary to do that? Have you ever worked with microwaves? Why in the name of god would anyone set someone on fire with microwaves? Falmethrowers from WW2 worked nicely. For gooness sake, why pump fifty or a hundred thousand watts of power to kill a person? Just shoot them in the head.

I can think of some very devious things to do with RF/MW energy at reasonable power levels that does not require ficitonal "vital energies" - why can't the conspiracy theorists?

Conspiracy theories are one thing, but conspiracy theories that suggest the government is doing incredibly stupid things... why on Earth would you come up with something like that? There is more than enough evidence to show the government is incompetant and backwards that doesn't require fiction and bad science, if that's your goal. The posters here aren't accusing the military of creating some grand weapon capable of great evil; they are accusing it of being inefficient, stupid, scientifically backwards and incapable of coming up with good weapons that kill people.

The military deserves more credit than that.

Duh. Since when has a bureacracy come up with anything that was not hugely inefficient compared to the private sector? Don't even say Manhatten Project. Those people knew how to build a nuke long before the government provided the resources. The only thing a hugely inefficient bureacracy can do is hide flying saucers in area 51.

It isn't being impressed by high tech...it's listening to people who have been through something awful (sounds more like you're interested in the tech than the human being, and before you point out this forum, science is meant to serve humanity, not the other way around). And where the heck is the using the microwave to set things on fire thing coming from? That's not the use at all. And where are you getting the idea that I am impressed by this stuff? You're not really reading this are you.

Something has gone on and it's more than CIA drugging experiments. It's Mind Control and Radiation experiments and so called "non-lethal" weapons experimentation. The Senate held hearings on some of this stuff in the 70's, Clinton came out with some more of it in the 90's, and currently Rep Hastert is asking people for their experiences.

Involuntary Human Medical Experimentation is a crime, and it's happening. You guys are looking for the tech and I'm asking you to look at the people. They are a "proof" whether you want to believe it or not.

mean just curious, the ET Weapon, could that mean stuff WE send up?

and I didn't say the ET wepaons were ET origin...you assumed I meant that in your conspiracy oriented mind.

Dark Knight1 said:
And where the heck is the using the microwave to set things on fire thing coming from?

There is more than just you posting here. It sounds like you are the one who didn't read the posts.

It never fails to amuse me how wowed people are by technology they don't understand. Setting people on fire with microwave energy?

First of all, you can't possibly know, what people in this forum do and do not understand. You are amused by your assumptions, you are amused by your feelings of superiority.

The companies that make this kind of weaponry, boast about it. They have it up for sale in the public domain. They post the details of what this weaponry does. You just have to go to their sites, and see what they offer. The microwave technology that, shall we charitably say, warms the skin, is well described as a weapon for crowd control or perimeter defense.

The silent scream, was very well described, along with the fact that it destroys hearing, and can cause brain damage, due to vibratory injury, similar to shaken baby syndrome. It is well documented that the Hayes Array in Alaska can be used as a weapon, that is why it is called The HAARP Weapon. It can be used to disable troops in the field, or disable communications over the area of an entire nation. That information is well known.

Dayle Record said:
It never fails to amuse me how wowed people are by technology they don't understand.

First of all, you can't possibly know, what people in this forum do and do not understand.

It is well documented that the Hayes Array in Alaska can be used as a weapon, that is why it is called The HAARP Weapon.
The last sentence belies the previous and validates the first, Dayle - its so wrong that its not EVEN wrong: just being wrong would be an improvement.

I recommend you have a look at http://www.haarp.alaska.edu/'s website...
The companies that make this kind of weaponry, boast about it. They have it up for sale in the public domain.
Again, lumping together utterly unconnected pieces of technology and not knowing the connection between others is one of the dead-giveaways about what you do and don't understand about the technology you are discussing.

Dark Knight1 said:
and I didn't say the ET wepaons were ET origin...you assumed I meant that in your conspiracy oriented mind.
Just asking the question implies an answer, Dk - if you didn't think there was a possibility that it was ET, there would be no point in asking the question.

Do you want to elaborate on your point about Stealth, or are we playing a game of hit-and-run here?
You guys are looking for the tech and I'm asking you to look at the people. They are a "proof" whether you want to believe it or not.
Proof of what? You started this thread, and it was clearly about the technology - until it was pointed out to you that the technology being discussed is a mixture of real/mundane, non-existant, and conspiracy theory.

Last edited:
Two things I'd like to point out: the first, is whatever happened to bows and arrows and sticks and stones and guns and cannons? This business of a more efficient and nastier way to dispose of ones foes harkens back to the days of Atilla the Hun and Vlad the Impaler. Next thing you know, they'll be making a weapon that not only deep fries you, but serves you up spicy or original with a choice of special sauces in a biodegradeable box.
The other thing I'd like to point out is that did the topic of this forum not start by offering up yet another sign of incompetence from the people that brought us ketchup as a vegetable? All conspiracy theory aside, since when did our government ever make a world-wide or interstellar law that all beings abided by? If a twelve armed squid with three eyes, tentacles gripping lasers and microwaves and sharp sticks, boasting a name tag that says "HI! MY NAME IS: Cthulhu"; if said alien comes down from space and starts killing people with it's ray gun, you think it will stop after a nearby congressman points out to it that we banned such weapons, you have to go home and get your sling shot or your M-16, sorry!? Is the government going to go up and arrest someone for taking with them, on their long, lonely quest to some distant, unknown world, said criminal's Explosive P-32 Space Modulator?

It turns out that due to he high concentration of tomatoes, treating ketchup like a vegetable is really pretty reasonable. I was really surprised to learn this.

Dayle Record said:
The microwave technology that, shall we charitably say, warms the skin, is well described as a weapon for crowd control or perimeter defense.

Microwave radiation wouldn't warm the skin until it reached a very high energy density. Long before reaching high power the microwaves would have a wide range of other affects that would make it the dumbest crowd control device ever envisioned.

Kucinich and Welsh are hardly the most knowledgeable people on space and war. At least reference someone who's an acknowledged expert. Try this link to James Oberg's site. http://www.jamesoberg.com/index.html You'd probably be most interested in his articles on National Space Policy.

While you may not agree with all of his viewpoints, at least his info on what is feasible and unfeasible and what types of technologies are most likely to be deployed is a lot more reliable than Welsh's.

For the most part, I find his opinions about weapons in space to be more realistic than Kucinich's and Welsh's, as well. (Okay, that's a big understatement - I've thought Kucinich was a flake ever since his days as Cleveland mayor back in 1980 or so.)

What is an Extraterrestrial Weapons Ban?

An Extraterrestrial Weapons Ban is a proposed international agreement that aims to prohibit the development, production, and use of weapons that are designed for use in outer space or that have the capability to target objects in outer space.

Why is an Extraterrestrial Weapons Ban necessary?

An Extraterrestrial Weapons Ban is necessary to prevent the militarization of outer space and to maintain the peaceful use of outer space for all nations. It also aims to prevent the potential destruction of satellites and other important infrastructure in space.

Who is involved in the development of an Extraterrestrial Weapons Ban?

The United Nations has been leading efforts to develop an Extraterrestrial Weapons Ban, and it involves participation from various countries, including the United States, Russia, China, and European nations.

What are the potential consequences of not having an Extraterrestrial Weapons Ban?

The lack of an Extraterrestrial Weapons Ban could lead to an arms race in outer space, posing a threat to global security and stability. It could also result in the destruction of critical infrastructure in space, leading to serious consequences for communication, navigation, and weather forecasting.

What is the current status of an Extraterrestrial Weapons Ban?

As of now, there is no official Extraterrestrial Weapons Ban in place. However, discussions and negotiations are ongoing at the United Nations to develop and implement such a ban. Some countries have already expressed their support for an Extraterrestrial Weapons Ban, while others have raised concerns about potential loopholes and the need for effective enforcement mechanisms.