Extreme Pogo Sticks: 5+ ft Elevation Potential

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the high elevation potential of a pogo stick discovered on the Discovery Channel, with claims of up to 7 feet. The speaker's wife had a funny incident while shopping with their child, where she fell while demonstrating how to use a pogo stick. The speaker also shares their personal experience with a heavy-duty pogo stick from their childhood.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Elevation potential of over 5 feet--dramatically greater than any pogo on the market

On the discovery channel they were claiming up to 7' high bounces.

Physics news on Phys.org
Oh, the funny calls one gets from family when at work. My wife was shopping with one of the kids and they saw a pogo stick in the store. My kid didn't get the point of it, so my wife had to show him how it was done.

I get a call from her at work because she thought she broke her arm.

"You're at the Target over by our house, then, right?"

"No, I'm across the street at the Big Lots store."

"Why are you over there? Wouldn't Target let you use their phone?"

"I didn't ask. After I fell, I figured it was time for us to leave." :rofl:

And our kid didn't even ask for a pogo stick for Christmas. :confused:

I had a pogo stick as a kid. It was really fun. My parents got me this super-duper, heavy duty one with a really strong spring. First jump onto it, and quickly realized I wasn't heavy enough to make the spring budge. :grumpy: At least my little sister couldn't steal it from me. :rolleyes:

1. What makes an extreme pogo stick different from a regular pogo stick?

Extreme pogo sticks are designed to handle higher elevations and more intense tricks. They have a stronger and more durable frame, larger and more rugged foot pegs, and a longer and sturdier spring.

2. How high can an extreme pogo stick jump?

The elevation potential of an extreme pogo stick varies, but most models have a range of 5+ feet. Some experienced riders have been able to jump up to 10 feet with the help of their pogo stick.

3. What materials are used to make extreme pogo sticks?

Extreme pogo sticks are typically made of aluminum or steel for the frame, with rubber or plastic for the foot pegs and handles. The springs are usually made of steel or titanium.

4. Are extreme pogo sticks safe to use?

Like any extreme sport, there is always a risk of injury when using an extreme pogo stick. It is important to wear proper safety gear, such as a helmet and pads, and to only use the pogo stick on flat surfaces with enough clearance. With proper caution and supervision, extreme pogo sticking can be a safe and enjoyable activity.

5. Can anyone use an extreme pogo stick?

Extreme pogo sticks require a certain level of physical strength, balance, and coordination to use effectively. While they may not be suitable for young children, most teenagers and adults can learn to use an extreme pogo stick with practice and proper technique.