Extremely simple question, but not for me

• Thread starter Tiplerfan
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a user seeking help with a math problem related to Kinematics. The equation "a=(vf-vi) / t" is discussed and manipulated to find vf, as vf = vi + at. The user expresses gratitude for the help and acknowledges that they may have forgotten the equation due to not using it frequently.
Tiplerfan
I'm currently studying Kinematics but I've been out of H.S. for nine yrs. now. I know this is more of a math problem but could someone pls. show me how ;

a=(vf-vi) / t can be manipulated to find vf, as vf = vi + at

Much appreciated!

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the forums.

I think your equations aren't quiet correct. Shouldn't they really be the following?

a = (vf - vi) / t

vf = vi + at

hotvette said:
Welcome to the forums.

I think your equations aren't quiet correct. Shouldn't they really be the following?

a = (vf - vi) / t

vf = vi + at

I think that's what he's got.

Tiplerfan said:
I'm currently studying Kinematics but I've been out of H.S. for nine yrs. now. I know this is more of a math problem but could someone pls. show me how ;

a=(vf-vi) / t can be manipulated to find vf, as vf = vi + at

Much appreciated!

Like this:

[tex]a = \frac{(v_f - v_{i})}{t}[/tex]

[tex]at = v_f - v_i[/tex]

[tex]v_f = v_i + at[/tex]

Thanks alot..simple I know but you forget these things if you don't keep using them...Thanks again

Tiplerfan said:
Thanks alot..simple I know but you forget these things if you don't keep using them...Thanks again

No problem - and sure, it happens :smile:

exi said:
I think that's what he's got

He edited his post and corrected the equations...:smile:

hotvette said:
He edited his post and corrected the equations...:smile:

Oh. :biggrin:

1. What does the phrase "extremely simple question" mean?

The phrase "extremely simple question" refers to a question that is easy to understand and does not require a complex or detailed explanation. It is typically used to describe a question that has a straightforward answer and can be easily understood by most people.

2. Why is this question not simple for you as a scientist?

As a scientist, my area of expertise may not align with the subject of the question. Therefore, the question may require knowledge or understanding that is outside of my field of study, making it more complex for me to answer.

3. Can you provide an example of an "extremely simple question" for a scientist?

An example of an "extremely simple question" for a scientist could be "What is the molecular structure of water?" This question has a straightforward answer that most scientists in the field of chemistry would be able to answer easily.

4. How do scientists approach answering simple questions?

Scientists approach answering simple questions by first understanding the context and background of the question. They then use their knowledge and expertise to provide a clear and accurate answer, often using scientific evidence or data to support their response.

5. Are there any questions that are too simple for scientists to answer?

As scientists are trained to investigate and explore complex topics, there may be questions that are too simple for them to answer. However, they may still be able to provide a well-informed response or direct the questioner to a reliable source for an answer.