F(t) = square root of 3t+2 / 4t-3

In summary, to find the derivative of f(t) = square root of 3t+2 / 4t-3, you can use the Quotient Rule, Product Rule, implicit differentiation, or logarithmic differentiation.
kim
Need to find the derivative of:

f(t) = square root of 3t+2 / 4t-3

please help.

Physics news on Phys.org
What have you tried?

is this sqrt{3t+2 / 4t-3} or sqrt{3t+2} / 4t-3

Well, decide whether
is this sqrt{3t+2 / 4t-3} or sqrt{3t+2} / 4t-3
And the Quotient Rule will help you solve this problem~!:smile:!
[tex] \frac{d}{{dt}}\left[ {\frac{{f\left( t \right)}}{{g\left( t \right)}}} \right] = \frac{{f'\left( t \right)g\left( t \right) - f\left( t \right)g'\left( t \right)}}{{\left[ {g\left( t \right)} \right]^2 }} [/tex]

Last edited:
Or the product rule... :)

[tex]\sqrt{3t+2}*(4t-3)^{-1}[/tex]

or do implicit differentiation:
let y = sqrt(3t + 2)/(4t-3)
and then (4t-3)y = sqrt(3t+2)

Well, touche then. I'll think of something more clever later...

while you are thinking of something else...here's another idea:
logarithmic differentiation
lny = (1/2)ln(3t+2) - ln(4t-1)

What is the equation F(t) = square root of 3t+2 / 4t-3?

The equation F(t) = square root of 3t+2 / 4t-3 is a mathematical expression that represents a relationship between two variables, t and F. It takes the square root of the sum of 3t+2 and divides it by 4t-3.

What is the significance of the square root in the equation?

The square root in the equation indicates that the relationship between the variables t and F is non-linear. It also ensures that the values of F(t) are always positive.

How can I interpret the graph of the equation F(t) = square root of 3t+2 / 4t-3?

The graph of the equation F(t) = square root of 3t+2 / 4t-3 will have a curve that starts at the origin and approaches a horizontal asymptote as t approaches infinity. The curve will also have a vertical asymptote at t = 3/4, where the denominator becomes zero.

Can I find the value of F(t) for a specific value of t?

Yes, you can find the value of F(t) for a specific value of t by plugging in the value of t into the equation and solving for F(t). However, keep in mind that the domain of the equation is restricted to t ≠ 3/4, since the denominator cannot be zero.

How can I use this equation in real-world applications?

This equation can be used in various fields, such as physics, engineering, and finance, to model relationships between different variables. For example, it can be used to study the growth of a population over time or to calculate the value of an investment over a period of time.