Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Facebook Games

1. Mar 23, 2009 #1

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Anyone ever play the Playfish games on facebook?

http://apps.facebook.com/geochallenge/?pf_ref=fs1491591491

I am very good at Geo Challenge! 32,215 points!

For you guys who have facebook, you should check these games out. Try "Geo Challenge" and "Who has the Biggest Brain?".

It will finally be nice to see, objectively, who has the biggest brain on PF!

EDIT: To get to "biggest brain" click the link on the left side of the Geo Challenge page.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 23, 2009 #2
    Yes and I think it will be the ones who don't have facebook :biggrin:

4. Mar 23, 2009 #3

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I play Lexulous.

5. Mar 23, 2009 #4

Danger

Gold Member

Hear, hear! I wouldn't be caught dead signing up for that. The wife and most of her idiot family have accounts, though. And she gives me **** for being so stupid as to correspond with total strangers on PF. :rolleyes:

6. Mar 23, 2009 #5

Redbelly98

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I got invited to try Biggest Brain several months ago, but have resisted. I generally don't add new Facebook apps anymore, but if you can describe this one in more detail I might try it out.

For the most part, I love Facebook for keeping up with friends who don't live near me. I've run across people I haven't seen in 20 or 30 years, people whom I never thought I'd hear from ever again. For that alone it has been worth it.

7. Mar 23, 2009 #6
    I never installed any 3rd party app on my facebook profile. I have some gadgets-similar to facebook apps on igoogle (like calendar, gmail, google chat, notes and weather- http://www.google.com/ig) They are very useful and I would add facebook apps only if they are that good. IMO, none of facebook is good enough as igoogle - I find those games bit pointless and lack of ingenuity.
    Games are bit addictive so I don't play them :blushing:. I am not a good games fan, I only play these ones (rarely)
    http://www.ferryhalim.com/orisinal/

8. Mar 23, 2009 #7
    Yep, I play that with my best friend who lives in another province. And I play Yoville with the people in my office.

I don't go looking for anyone on Facebook, and no one can find me. I have the privacy screen up. I have precisely eight friends and they are all people I know and see face-to-face regularly. We mostly use it to post photos for each other to see when we travel and go on vacation. Beyond that? I still haven't figured out the point of the site.

9. Mar 24, 2009 #8

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Biggest Brain is a collection of mind games. It involves logic puzzles like determining the heaviest of a group of objects distributed on several scales and quickly counting blocks arranged in different patterns. There are also memory games and games that test your visual processing, like placing the correct missing pieces from a jigsaw puzzle.

Your scores from each game are then summed together and equated to the "size of your brain."

I have a 2600cm^3 alien brain!:biggrin:

10. Mar 24, 2009 #9

Danger

Gold Member

Are you a fellow Canuck, or from somewhere else that has provinces?

11. Mar 25, 2009 #10
    Unfortunately I have facebook but I really don't go on it unless someone sends me a message every once in a while. Tell your wife that we love you more than her :!!)

12. Mar 26, 2009 #11
    Fellow Canuck, and, if I recall correctly, fellow Albertan, and, further, I think, fellow Edmontonian. My best friend lives in B.C.

13. Mar 27, 2009 #12

Danger

Gold Member

Wrong on the last count. Scorpa and ShawnW are Edmondchucks. I'm near Calgary. (I'll give you the location by PM if you want, but won't publish it here.)
    I do get up there once in a while, though, so feel free to pass on a number where wifey and I can reach you to meet up for a brew.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook