Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Facebook Stock Craze

1. Mar 23, 2012 #1
    I believe facebook stock wouldn't be that good in terms of the long run, but it might be good in terms of trading for a short run. Or, do I just lack the foresight to see what facebook's real value is in terms of the long run?

Oh, here's a report on a guy offering his home for a slice of FB stock:

http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/23/10830287-man-offers-his-home-for-facebook-stock [Broken]

Or... is this guy onto something here? Is the home-buying market going up? If not, I can see the rationality behind his plea.

EDIT: Someone please edit the title!

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 23, 2012 #2

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Google "tulip bubble"

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
  4. Mar 24, 2012 #3

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Ignore the advertisements!

FB is over-rated, and its stock certainly is. It's just one more social networking site, albeit rather successful, but it's in a limited market, and competing against Google ads.

5. Mar 24, 2012 #4
    +1 to what Astronuc said. He wants pre IPO stocks of FB, if anything this sounds like a pump and dump scheme. I wouldn't touch FB stocks with a ten foot pole until I can see some dividend postings out of them. If I wanted to gamble with my money, a trip to Vegas is a much better way to do it.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2012
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook