Factors have the most important role on one's personality

• Thread starter Lisa!
  • Start date
Lisa!
Gold Member

Main Question or Discussion Point

Which factors have the most important role on one's personality and how? Genes or environment?
Is it true that many of criminals and indecent people had a difficult childhood and have grown up in an indecent family? And what's your defenition of a decent and indecent family?

Answers and Replies

loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
I remember hearing a program on the radio a few years back that involved researchers making a claim that they had isolated a gene or genes that caused violent, sociopathic behavior, but that it was rarely expressed in any person that had not experienced a violent event of some sort in early childhood. I'm sure there has to be something you can find in the journals about this, although I personally don't keep up much on behavioral sciences, and honestly, I doubt anyone else here does either.

Enviroment is the most important.

loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
^
That's exactly why I advise you to just look through journals to see what you can find. All you're going to get here is bald assertions from people that have no clue what they're talking about.

:biggrin: :biggrin:

Lisa!
Gold Member
loseyourname said:
^
That's exactly why I advise you to just look through journals to see what you can find. All you're going to get here is bald assertions from people that have no clue what they're talking about.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I'd be grateful if people explain more when they claim something! And yes, you're right I'd better to look through journals, but I like to have your opinion too. :smile:

loseyourname said:
^
No way. That never happens here.