Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Factors have the most important role on one's personality

1. Sep 23, 2005 #1

Lisa!

Gold Member

Which factors have the most important role on one's personality and how? Genes or environment?
    Is it true that many of criminals and indecent people had a difficult childhood and have grown up in an indecent family? And what's your defenition of a decent and indecent family?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 23, 2005 #2

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

I remember hearing a program on the radio a few years back that involved researchers making a claim that they had isolated a gene or genes that caused violent, sociopathic behavior, but that it was rarely expressed in any person that had not experienced a violent event of some sort in early childhood. I'm sure there has to be something you can find in the journals about this, although I personally don't keep up much on behavioral sciences, and honestly, I doubt anyone else here does either.

4. Sep 23, 2005 #3
    Enviroment is the most important.

5. Sep 23, 2005 #4

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

^
    That's exactly why I advise you to just look through journals to see what you can find. All you're going to get here is bald assertions from people that have no clue what they're talking about.

6. Sep 23, 2005 #5
    :biggrin: :biggrin:

7. Sep 24, 2005 #6

Lisa!

Gold Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I'd be grateful if people explain more when they claim something! And yes, you're right I'd better to look through journals, but I like to have your opinion too. :smile:

8. Sep 24, 2005 #7
    No way. That never happens here.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?