Faery stories

  • Thread starter wolram
  • Start date

Answers and Replies

  • #2
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
9,970
132
What's wrong with that site?
I liked it..
 
  • #3
1,134
9
I always give leeway to the realms of the magical world. Now if only the pixies would quit knotting my hair as I sleep :grumpy:
 
  • #4
wolram
Gold Member
4,267
557
hypatia said:
I always give leeway to the realms of the magical world. Now if only the pixies would quit knotting my hair as I sleep :grumpy:
Put a silver six pence under your pillow, and the pixies will leave your hair alone.
 
  • #5
wolram
Gold Member
4,267
557
arildno said:
What's wrong with that site?
I liked it..
Well, i love it, some of my best mates are pixies and elves.
 
  • #6
1,134
9
Now where would I get a silver six pence from? Would silver spray paint on a copper penny do? hmm more then likely not, I wouldn't want to anger them and wake up with some kind freakish Dolly Parton hairdo. :surprised
 
  • #7
wolram
Gold Member
4,267
557
hypatia said:
Now where would I get a silver six pence from? Would silver spray paint on a copper penny do? hmm more then likely not, I wouldn't want to anger them and wake up with some kind freakish Dolly Parton hairdo. :surprised
That is true, no way can you fool the little people, if you try you may end up in all sorts of trouble, a six pence is about all they can carry, so anything silver that size will do.
:biggrin:
 
  • #8
1,134
9
My dog is a Welsh Corgi the steed of the fae, who depended on there bravery in the great faery wars. Funny, I often find her sitting in my flower bed. And I think she must be having a chat with old friends.
 
  • #9
wolram
Gold Member
4,267
557
Hmmm, i not sure but you may be Onagh, in a different guise, and your
kind have come to take you back, keep away from flowers that your dog
is attracted to, and you can stay human for awhile :biggrin:
 
  • #10
1,134
9
Well if I suddenly stop posting here, you, and you alone will know why.
 
Last edited:
  • #11
wolram
Gold Member
4,267
557
hypatia said:
Well if I suddenly stop posting here, you, and you alone will know why.
Aww bye, bye Hypatia. :cry:
 
Last edited:
  • #14
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
7,213
177
...and...:biggrin:...not only is this commonly reported among the locals, but one of the scientists leading this research states flatly that one of her collegues reports a direct sighting of a living hobbit. This is in the interview on the NGC special that first aired about a year after the story broke. I think there is a link to the NGC in the Biology thread...if not, a simple search should lead to a video, or at least the next airing of the story.


AFAIK, there have been no other recent little foot sightings. :biggrin:
 
Last edited:
  • #15
wolram
Gold Member
4,267
557
Ivan Seeking said:
...and...:biggrin:...not only is this commonly reported among the locals, but one of the scientists leading this research states flatly that one of her collegues reports a direct sighting of a living hobbit. This is in the interview on the NGC special that first aired about a year after the story broke. I think there is a link to the NGC in the Biology thread...if not, a simple search should lead to a video, or at least the next airing of the story.


AFAIK, there have been no other recent little foot sightings. :biggrin:
When visiting relatives in Ireland we often saw the little people, the strange
thing is we only saw them after a night at the local, i think guiness must
sharpen the vision :biggrin:
 
  • #16
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
7,213
177
wolram said:
When visiting relatives in Ireland we often saw the little people, the strange
thing is we only saw them after a night at the local, i think guiness must
sharpen the vision :biggrin:
I couldn't help but wonder if the researcher didn't get caught up in the thrill of the discovery. But there is this nagging detail: The locals reported occasional sightings of living hobbits long before we discovered that they really did exist. :confused:
 

Related Threads on Faery stories

Replies
1
Views
477
  • Last Post
Replies
9
Views
2K
  • Last Post
Replies
24
Views
4K
  • Last Post
Replies
11
Views
3K
  • Last Post
Replies
16
Views
3K
  • Last Post
Replies
8
Views
4K
  • Last Post
2
Replies
28
Views
6K
  • Last Post
Replies
9
Views
831
  • Last Post
Replies
8
Views
2K
  • Last Post
2
Replies
46
Views
4K
Top