1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Failed the Second year in EE

1. Jun 27, 2014 #1
    Hello My name Is Gent Binaku

If you think this thread is out of boundaries feel free to delete it

Recently I failed the second year of Electrical Engineering and really have no motivation to go through
    in my university the evaluation system is a bit different and in my mind is really unproductive and due to that system I have re take all of my courses and really need some help

I love electrical engineering and feel very comfortable but the thing is i have a lot of anxieties during exam(E.X There was a question in my math class and did the wrong integral and so on)

I know it's my fault and should really grow a pair and study my *** off but the problem is that im afraid when i finish i won't be that good a engineer as those friends who finished exams

So my question as we are a EE forum

Do exams make a good engineer ?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 27, 2014 #2
    I don't think its necessarily so. It's just a selection procedure. But its the most efficient selection process available in society.

As you said, you love electrical engineering and feel very comfortable; I guess failing was just an accident. And perhaps this happened due to outside stresses, as you mentioned.

It's silly to think that you won't be a better engineer than your friends just because they finish their degree earlier than you. Being better doesn't really demands being earlier.

I think you should reflect on what went wrong with you. Re-taking all courses is certainly an added stress. But still you should look on the positive side. Now you got another chance to make everything right, don't waste your time in frustration. If anxiety is bothering you too much, seek medical help. Jump back to study.

Just re-start!

In the end, I repeat your own words
    So there is no reason to give up.

Best of luck!

4. Jun 30, 2014 #3
    Figure out what pressures were making you stressed to the point that you fail exams and address that, then go through the appeal process to get yourself back in classes.

Stressing during exams happens even when you know the material well (I stressed so much in a statics exam that I sweated on the paper and nearly ruined my work...ew!)...I'm 23 and still finishing up my BS, I'm happy with where I am in life and you should be too, not everyone works at the same pace.

Exams DO NOT make a good engineer...they just make for a good GPA. If you can bring yourself through this readmission process and finish engineering school, well it's one step to becoming a better engineer.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook