Failures in the broadcast news

• Thread starter turbo
  • Start date
turbo
Gold Member
That was me. :redface:

I'm reconstructing the English language. I'm now testing it.
At least you don't have to construct and critique physical models for the degeneration of the language. You can just throw it out there and there will be no melt-down in the case of failure. :rofl:

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Argh! Just look up the etymology of the damned word. *goes mad*
Don't go smad! Be glad!

I'm planning to consrv th' ltr e. It's way ovr uzd.

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
At least you don't have to construct and critique physical models for the degeneration of the language. You can just throw it out there and there will be no melt-down in the case of failure. :rofl:
Quite right.

I have GW to thank.

GW = free entropy.

turbo
Gold Member
Or possibly chilify it, which works better than chilicize.

Of course, one could put it in a skillet and chilifry it.
Just chill, bro, and we will have some food in the future that will make "chill" look like a distant dream. I've been dressing 'dogs with habanero relish, mustard, and jalapeno dill pickles, and now my wife brought home some really killer "Beer Mustard" to toss that all into a brand new mix. The same outfit makes some prepared horseradish that is very nice. How many condiments is overkill on a single hot-dog and roll?

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Just chill, bro, and we will have some food in the future that will make "chill" look like a distant dream. I've been dressing 'dogs with habanero relish, mustard, and jalapeno dill pickles, and now my wife brought home some really killer "Beer Mustard" to toss that all into a brand new mix. The same outfit makes some prepared horseradish that is very nice. How many condiments is overkill on a single hot-dog and roll?
There's no limit on the number condiments on a single hot dog, as long as you can taste each one.

turbo
Gold Member
There's no limit on the number condiments on a single hot dog, as long as you can taste each one.
I like that answer! That's my hot dog philosophy. I still have a quantum hot-dog problem, though. It relates to symmetry. Why does one component of a ball-park frank (the dog) seem to appear in groups of 8 while the complementary component (the roll) seems to occur in multiples of 6? If we can solve this, the TOE is just around the corner.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I will pizza tonight.

Will you pizza with me?

Let's biscuit the whole thing.
:rofl:

Okay, I found an email address for the nightly news (nightly@nbc.com) and sent them a short note about their error, suggesting they at least change it in the version on the website that will continue to be shown. Who knows if they actually read their email though, or how quickly they get to it.

turbo
Gold Member
:rofl:

Okay, I found an email address for the nightly news (nightly@nbc.com) and sent them a short note about their error, suggesting they at least change it in the version on the website that will continue to be shown. Who knows if they actually read their email though, or how quickly they get to it.
Once that gets through the lackeys, assistant-aides, aides, a$$-kissers, etc to the producers, it will be a moot point. The spot will air uncorrected all over the country. Ivan and Tsu, please watch NBC tonight and see if we still have arctic penguins! My money is on NBC-mandated arctic penguins.

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I JUST SAW THE PENGUINS!!!!!!

Wow. Nice, NBC...nice.

turbo
Gold Member
Thanks, lisab. I know that I am not crazy, but that clip was just out of this (rational) world. I'm certain that the penguins featured prominently in that 15-year-old girl's trek to the North Pole, if only the NBC producers could educate us dummies.

Last edited:
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Thanks, lisab. I know that I am not crazy, but that clip was just out of this (rational) world. I'm certain that the penguins featured prominently in that 15-year-old girl's trek to the North Pole, if only the NBC producers could educate us dummies.
It's a shame that she probably had some really cool footage they could have used, and instead they resorted to some stock footage, probably to avoid paying a 15 year old royalties.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Good catch Turbo! I saw the news spot but didn't notice the blooper.

BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Geez, guys. Try reading a book once in a while ..... like Mr Popper's Penguins.

Hmmm, it turns out that was a children's fiction book, not a documentary. How depressing. :frown:

Last edited: