Fake Moon Landing: Evidence, Flags & Remnants | Part 1-3

In summary, the conversation revolves around the moon landing and whether or not it was faked. The original poster asks about the possibility of using a telescope to see the US flags on the moon as proof of the landing, but others refute this idea and provide evidence to support the authenticity of the moon landing. The conversation also touches on the offensive nature of questioning the moon landing and the lack of credibility of the sources providing evidence against it. Ultimately, the question is answered and the thread is closed.
sneez
part 1
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1913474363747128107 [Broken]
part 2
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5737681932896358451 [Broken]
part 3

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2265515730495966561 [Broken]

now, they produce huge amount of evidence that indeed moon landing happened in the studio...

my question appart can you dispute that evidence is: is there a possibility of telescope being able to see the U.S flags on the moon? That would be ultimate proof of the landing on the moon. Maybe the remnants of landing module would be more suitable object to view. is it possilble?

is there any such photos?

thanx

Last edited by a moderator:
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Telescopes aren't capable of resolving such small things at such tremendous distances. There was some mission planned by NASA however that, as one of its tasks, was to take up close up photos of the landing sight in a fly-by. It was suppose to happen this year or something, i forget what it was.

Also, i don't see how that could be "ultimate proof". The problem with such "proof" would be that the theory says the government lied and the proof against it could be easily countered by "the government is lying again". I think the ultimate proof is the fact that the evidence presented by conspiracy theorists is usually flat out wrong or the type that completely misses the point or tries to convince naive people of certain "problems" based on our everyday experience. Such an experience of course, doesn't accure inside a vacuum.

sneez said:
now, they produce huge amount of evidence that indeed moon landing happened in the studio...

First of all, this should be in the "Debunking" area. This has been covered several times before.

Second: I find it VERY offensive that anyone could think that the Moon landings were faked. This is the single greatest engineering feat of the 20th century, and yet some people which have little to no engineering knowledge think they can "prove" it never happened. All of the supposed "proof" of a conspiracy is total B.S., and has been disproved MANY times.

The fact is we landed on the moon, a great triumph for the United States (and mankind), and there is a huge amount of irrevocable evidence that it happened.

sneez said:
my question appart can you dispute that evidence

I won't even dignify this with an answer. All I will say is that I guarantee any and all "evidence" provided in the videos can be completely blown away. The videos are two hours of total crud.

Last edited:
ups sorry, question answered thank you all ...

sneez said:
No, they don't. Maybe they think they have evidence, but I'd even venture to say that most such guys know they are full of crap but just spew it for the sake of making money. Most of this comes from a guy named Hoagland, who has spent enough time on it that he can't have completely ignored the debunking of his crap. He has to know he's wrong unless he is actually mentally ill.

Question answered by Penguino, thread closed.

1. Is there any evidence that the moon landing was faked?

There is no concrete evidence to support the theory that the moon landing was faked. The majority of supposed evidence, such as discrepancies in photographs and videos, have been debunked by experts. Additionally, thousands of people were involved in the moon landing missions and it would be nearly impossible to keep such a large-scale hoax a secret.

2. What about the waving American flag on the moon?

The flag seen in the iconic image of the moon landing appears to be waving, but this is due to the lack of atmosphere on the moon. Without air particles to dampen its movement, the flag would continue to oscillate for a longer period of time than on Earth.

3. Are there any remnants of the moon landing left on the moon?

Yes, there are several remnants of the moon landing still on the moon. This includes the Lunar Module descent stage, the Apollo Lunar Surface Experiments Package, and various equipment and tools that were left behind. These items have been photographed by satellites orbiting the moon.

4. Why haven't we returned to the moon since the 1960s and 70s?

The Apollo missions were primarily a response to the Cold War and the space race with the Soviet Union. Once the US achieved its goal of landing on the moon, there was less political motivation to continue sending manned missions to the moon. Instead, the focus shifted to other areas of space exploration.

5. Is there any scientific consensus on the moon landing being fake?

No, there is no scientific consensus on the moon landing being faked. The vast majority of scientists and experts in the field of space exploration accept the moon landing as a real event. The evidence and technology used in the missions have also been extensively studied and validated by the scientific community.