Fake Set-ups for Internet Posts

• Thread starter BillTre
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Internet
In summary, the NY Times article discusses a place in China that has become popular among Instagrammers and others looking for interesting photo opportunities. These "Instagram theme parks" use studio production methods to attract visitors and have a significant economic impact on the local area. Other places around the world, such as a town in New Hampshire and a home town with replicas of famous landmarks, also offer similar opportunities for travelers to take unique photos. These locations, including a replica of the Eiffel Tower and the Luxor pyramid, provide a way to experience different cultures and sights without having to travel to the actual locations.
BillTre
Science Advisor
Gold Member
This NY Times article describes a place in china where there are a lot of what amount to outside studio set-ups for Instagrammers and others looking for interesting things to post on. In this case "old time" China.
Screen Shot 2021-06-29 at 11.09.19 AM.png

By going to great lengths (similar to studio production methods), they attract enough posters to economically support their existence (within thee economic realm), and therefore can have an impact on our cultural world.

One could image Instagram theme parks like this for a variety of different themes.
Small places, with idyllic settings might make a local economic impact out of this.
Others based on other SciFi concepts could be set-up.

Science news on Phys.org
In my town of Pelham, NH every season the "Garden Group" sets up a Christmas sleigh display used for photography. As trail adopter for one of the Town Forests, I have thought about setting up something with a similar purpose.

Likes BillTre
My home town offers numerous sites and sets for travelers to place themselves and family in convincing replicas for Internet photos; most indoors but some outdoors including a scale model of the Eiffel Tower set above a miniature Paris. I took photos and video of my late mother speaking Klingon while playing slot machines aboard the Starship Enterprise while her granddaughters floated languidly nearby in gondolas on replica Venetian canals.

Visitors from Israel and Egypt enjoy sleeping and exploring inside the Luxor pyramid; something that cannot be experienced in the actual pyramids. My favorite photo sites include walking under/within the enormous aquariums -- "Shark Reef" at Mandalay Bay, the "singing dancing water fountains" outside the replica Italianate Bellagio and the ever changing botanical gardens indoors at the Conservatory.

Likes BillTre

1. What is a fake set-up for internet posts?

A fake set-up for internet posts is when someone creates a false or staged scenario in order to generate attention or reactions on social media or other online platforms.

2. Why do people create fake set-ups for internet posts?

People may create fake set-ups for internet posts in order to gain attention, followers, or likes, or to spread a particular message or agenda. It can also be a form of clickbait to drive traffic to a website or social media page.

3. How can I identify a fake set-up for internet posts?

There are a few ways to identify a fake set-up for internet posts. Look for inconsistencies or unrealistic elements in the post, do some research on the person or account posting it, and consider the source and potential motives behind the post.

4. Is it harmful to engage with fake set-ups for internet posts?

Engaging with fake set-ups for internet posts can contribute to the spread of misinformation and can also give the creator the attention and validation they are seeking. It is important to be critical and cautious when interacting with online content.

5. What can we do to combat the spread of fake set-ups for internet posts?

To combat the spread of fake set-ups for internet posts, we can fact-check information before sharing it, report fake or misleading content, and be mindful of our own online behavior by not engaging with or promoting fake set-ups. It is also important to educate others about the dangers of fake content and the importance of critical thinking online.