Fall '07 Schedule Advice Needed

In summary, the person is planning to take a math major and is seeking advice on their schedule for next semester. They will be taking two math courses, one physics course, and a capstone preparatory course. They are concerned about the workload and whether it is a good balance. Other students have differing opinions, with some thinking it is too much and others thinking it is manageable. Overall, the person seems confident in their ability to handle the workload.
Mandanesss
Next semester, Fall '07, I'll be taking a couple math courses for my math major. Could you guys give me some advice on whether or not the workload is too much?
Here is my schedule:
Discrete Math (4 units)
Number Theory (4 units)
Electrodynamics & Kinetic Theory (3 units)
Capstone Prepatory (2 units) - Basically helps us come up with a topic for our senior research project.
Intro to Speech (3 units)

What do you guys think? Am I overdoing it with the math classes and physics class? Or is it a good balance?

Physics news on Phys.org
your'e just taking two courses in maths and one in physics, right?

I wouldn't say so. I've done more and I came out fine. Just work and don't get behind.

and those look like "easy" math courses.

Really? They're easy? I honestly don't know the difficulty level of any of the math classes I'll be taking throughout my undergraduate study. I'm glad you guys don't think it's too much or much at all. Whenever I tell non-math majors my schedule, they say I'm overdoing it. I guess I shouldn't be asking them, what do they know about math anyways?

Engineering students would find that a bit light because you don't seem to have 4 or 5 lab classes in there :rofl:. Business majors and most other non science majors would probably pass out at the thought of spending more then 2 hours per day studying.:yuck: :cry:

Honestly, if you are a good student, that doesn't look bad at all.

1. How can I find out what classes are being offered in the Fall '07 semester?

To find out what classes are being offered in the Fall '07 semester, you can visit your university's website or academic catalog. These resources typically list all the courses that will be available for registration.

2. When is the deadline to register for Fall '07 classes?

The deadline to register for Fall '07 classes varies depending on your university's academic calendar. It is important to check with your school's registrar's office for the exact deadline. However, it is generally recommended to register as early as possible to secure a spot in your desired classes.

3. How do I know which classes to take in the Fall '07 semester?

The best way to determine which classes to take in the Fall '07 semester is to consult with your academic advisor. They can provide guidance based on your major, academic goals, and any prerequisite courses you may need to take.

4. Can I make changes to my Fall '07 schedule after I have registered?

Yes, you can usually make changes to your Fall '07 schedule after you have registered. However, there may be deadlines for adding or dropping classes, and you may also need to get approval from your academic advisor or the instructor of the course you want to add or drop.

5. How can I balance my Fall '07 class schedule with other commitments?

To balance your Fall '07 class schedule with other commitments, it is important to prioritize your responsibilities and create a schedule that allows for enough time for studying and attending classes. You may also want to consider taking a lighter course load if you have other commitments that will require a significant amount of time and energy.