EID Haute Couture Collection Show, Rome Fashion Week 2004

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary: That woman is wearing far too much clothing. Other than that, what's the problem...?In summary, the conversation discusses how the designer thinks women should walk around naked to save money on expensive fashion. There is also discussion of the woman's nose and whether or not the designer thought it was weird.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
When will it stop?

Here is a picture from the European Institute of Design during their Fall/Winter 2004-2005 Haute Couture collection show at Rome's Fashion Week July 11, 2004.

:bugeye:

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20040711/i/r2009131324.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
That's fashion? :confused:

cookiemonster

I find it absurd. Only Homer Simpson would do that when he needs to work-out. Of course, the red ball hanging from the string of beads would need to be replaced by some sort of food.

What does it have to do with autumn or winter anyway? The fabric looks thin enough...

Looks like a snake (with a long chain attached to its tail) has just shed its skin all over her face. That is not fashion. That is nonsense.

The Bob (2004 ©)

Hey, do they get paid to make that stuff? I think I'm seeing some easy money!

cookiemonster

cookiemonster said:
Hey, do they get paid to make that stuff? I think I'm seeing some easy money!

cookiemonster

Indeed they do and I see your point. Me to; Easy money.

The Bob (2004 ©)

Hey! That's the same one like I bought last week! :biggrin:

tsk, narrow-minded americans :wink:

I didn't know you were supposed to wear parachutes like that...

Guys, I can see her Panty Line. THAT'S horrifying!

Mamma Mia! Those CRAAZEEE Europeans!

Didn't the designer see "The Jerk". That poor woman's going to go cross-eyed watching that little ball and the designer's going to face a lawsuit.

Hold on! Is it a woman?? :eek: :surprise:

The Bob (2004 ©)

That woman is wearing far too much clothing. Other than that, what's the problem...?

holly said:

and no bra...she reminds me of the horse chasing a carrot with that gadget on her face...

recon said:
I find it absurd. Only Homer Simpson would do that when he needs to work-out. Of course, the red ball hanging from the string of beads would need to be replaced by some sort of food.

OMG! I was thinking nearly the same thing, reminded me of those old cartoons when they'd hold a stick with a carrot on a string in front of the donkey to get it to walk! Maybe that's how they get these models to wear these hideous outfits out on the runway, in public, by starving them then dangling a morsel of food in that ball in front of their face. They just keep following the food, trying to catch it :biggrin:

That's just, well, um, words seem to be failing me...as soon as I stop laughing at her outfit, I might think of something better to describe it :rofl: No, really, my sides are starting to hurt! :rofl: :rofl:

Holly said:

Kerrie said:
and no bra...

How did you two even notice bras and panty lines? I was so busy looking at that contraption on her face, that I didn't even notice if she had clothes on.

well, if you look closely, it does seem to detract from her rather unusual nose. maybe that's what the designer was going for.

I wonder if she's looking down because she's looking for the rest of her abacus..?

Math Is Hard said:
I wonder if she's looking down because she's looking for the rest of her abacus..?

Maybe she just isn't very smart and didn't realize she was supposed to wear the hat on TOP of her head :redface:

And now that I take a look beyond that contraption over her face, I see that she does seem to be wearing some collection of rags that someone has half-heartedly sewn together to make an outfit for the poor waif. It doesn't even look like they did a good job sewing, all sorts of bunched up looking seams! I can do a better job of sewing than that!

Ooh, since my fortune said I'd be famous in something new to me, maybe I should pursue my dream of being a lab coat designer! (I have these ideas for the ultimate geek coat that no scientist should be caught dead without!) After seeing this rag as haute coteur, I'm suddenly inspired that my lab coat might actually make it onto the Paris runways!

russ_watters said:
That woman is wearing far too much clothing. Other than that, what's the problem...?

Look at her head but not her body. You couldn't tell the difference. The nose is a bit weird and men have long hair as well.

The Bob (2004 ©)

I think women should walk around naked... saves on expensive "fashion"

I think the intention of the oufit is more practical than ornamental: it's to be worn on the date with the guy she is trying to get rid of.

Math Is Hard said:
well, if you look closely, it does seem to detract from her rather unusual nose. maybe that's what the designer was going for.

OMG! She has a HUGE honker of a nose, doesn't she? If you look closely, you'll see pixelations all around the edges of her silhouette...her nose has been CROPPED smaller! At first I thought it was just that contraption pressing her nose in, but then realized they actually cut off part of the tip, so it was even bigger in reality than it looks in that picture! Well, it's nice that they let the ugly girls be models now...very PC of them. LOL!

I was thinking...can you imagine if that thing really wasn't supposed to over her face, but worn more as a crown or hat on top of her head and just as she's about to walk onto the runway, it falls down over her head and lodges in front of her face? By then it's too late to fix and she just has to pretend it's supposed to look that way? Now, next year all the stars will be ordering up contraptions like that to wear to the Oscars, all because some model had too skinny of a head!

Moonbear said:
OMG! She has a HUGE honker of a nose, doesn't she?

MY GOD! you're right! Jeez, that is some beak!

To me she looks like a cobra was shedding its skin around her head and then left a tomato at the end as a little thank you present...

I came away with an "angler fish" impression, but I just watched "Finding Nemo".

Njorl

jimmy p said:
To me she looks like a cobra was shedding its skin around her head and then left a tomato at the end as a little thank you present...
:biggrin:

Perhaps when the designer saw the model that was going to wear his clothes he came up with this to hide her nose.

and this is why drugs should be illegal

OMG :biggrin:
I'm getting teary eyed :biggrin: this is just hilarious :biggrin:
looks like she has been rolled in glue and trhown into a bunch of old rags :D and that contraption on her head is just the most insanely stupid and hilarious thing I've ever seen :biggrin:

May I say I came up with the snake skin idea? :rofl: :biggrin:

The Bob (2004 ©)

jimmy p said:
I think women should walk around naked... saves on expensive "fashion"

Oh I should have said 'PERVERT'. Thank you for your time. :biggrin:

The Bob (2004 ©)

She's a model? No offence, but Evo Junior beats her hands down. ;)

Yeah, but Evo Junior isn't going to put up with somebody putting a weird contraption like that on her head, and then walk around for all the world to see.

it would be cool if she did, tho'... i would have to pray in her general direction 5 times a day if she did that and threw it up on the net for people to watch, cause that would take friggin' balls :D
i think i might do it myself, if you promise to pray in my general direction...

... and for the people suddently finding themselves wanting to quote a good ol' Monty Python sketch i have only one thing to say:
I know where your adress lives! :mad:

Adam said:
She's a model? No offence, but Evo Junior beats her hands down. ;)
Thank you Adam. :smile:

Math Is Hard said:
Yeah, but Evo Junior isn't going to put up with somebody putting a weird contraption like that on her head, and then walk around for all the world to see.
She would for enough money. :biggrin:

balkan said:
... and for the people suddently finding themselves wanting to quote a good ol' Monty Python sketch i have only one thing to say:
I know where your adress lives! :mad:

May I ask which sketch?

The Bob (2004 ©)