Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Fall Fashion?

1. Jul 12, 2004 #1

Evo

Staff: Mentor

When will it stop?

Here is a picture from the European Institute of Design during their Fall/Winter 2004-2005 Haute Couture collection show at Rome's Fashion Week July 11, 2004.

:bugeye:

[​IMG]

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 12, 2004 #2
    That's fashion? :confused:

cookiemonster

4. Jul 12, 2004 #3
    I find it absurd. Only Homer Simpson would do that when he needs to work-out. Of course, the red ball hanging from the string of beads would need to be replaced by some sort of food.

What does it have to do with autumn or winter anyway? The fabric looks thin enough...

5. Jul 12, 2004 #4
    Looks like a snake (with a long chain attached to its tail) has just shead its skin all over her face. That is not fashion. That is nonsense.

The Bob (2004 ©)

6. Jul 12, 2004 #5
    Hey, do they get paid to make that stuff? I think I'm seeing some easy money!

cookiemonster

7. Jul 12, 2004 #6
    Indeed they do and I see your point. Me to; Easy money.

The Bob (2004 ©)

8. Jul 12, 2004 #7

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hey! That's the same one like I bought last week! :biggrin:

tsk, narrow-minded americans :wink:

9. Jul 12, 2004 #8
    I didn't know you were supposed to wear parachutes like that...

10. Jul 12, 2004 #9
    Guys, I can see her Panty Line. THAT'S horrifying!

11. Jul 12, 2004 #10

jimmy p

Gold Member

Mamma Mia!! Those CRAAZEEE Europeans!!

12. Jul 12, 2004 #11

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Didn't the designer see "The Jerk". That poor woman's going to go cross-eyed watching that little ball and the designer's going to face a lawsuit.

13. Jul 12, 2004 #12
    Hold on!!! Is it a woman?? :eek: :surprise:

The Bob (2004 ©)

14. Jul 12, 2004 #13

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

That woman is wearing far too much clothing. Other than that, what's the problem...?

15. Jul 12, 2004 #14

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

and no bra...she reminds me of the horse chasing a carrot with that gadget on her face...

16. Jul 12, 2004 #15

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

OMG! I was thinking nearly the same thing, reminded me of those old cartoons when they'd hold a stick with a carrot on a string in front of the donkey to get it to walk! Maybe that's how they get these models to wear these hideous outfits out on the runway, in public, by starving them then dangling a morsel of food in that ball in front of their face. They just keep following the food, trying to catch it :biggrin:

That's just, well, um, words seem to be failing me...as soon as I stop laughing at her outfit, I might think of something better to describe it :rofl: No, really, my sides are starting to hurt! :rofl: :rofl:

17. Jul 12, 2004 #16

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

How did you two even notice bras and panty lines? I was so busy looking at that contraption on her face, that I didn't even notice if she had clothes on.

18. Jul 12, 2004 #17

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

well, if you look closely, it does seem to detract from her rather unusual nose. maybe that's what the designer was going for.

19. Jul 12, 2004 #18

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I wonder if she's looking down because she's looking for the rest of her abacus..?

20. Jul 12, 2004 #19

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Maybe she just isn't very smart and didn't realize she was supposed to wear the hat on TOP of her head :redface:

And now that I take a look beyond that contraption over her face, I see that she does seem to be wearing some collection of rags that someone has half-heartedly sewn together to make an outfit for the poor waif. It doesn't even look like they did a good job sewing, all sorts of bunched up looking seams! I can do a better job of sewing than that!

Ooh, since my fortune said I'd be famous in something new to me, maybe I should pursue my dream of being a lab coat designer! (I have these ideas for the ultimate geek coat that no scientist should be caught dead without!) After seeing this rag as haute coteur, I'm suddenly inspired that my lab coat might actually make it onto the Paris runways!

21. Jul 13, 2004 #20
    Look at her head but not her body. You couldn't tell the difference. The nose is a bit weird and men have long hair as well.

The Bob (2004 ©)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?