Fall in love drug?

• Thread starter tgt
  • Start date
tgt
How do you explain infatuation with the same person that last years? It's infatuation because you don't know them well at all and haven't contacted them all those years.

Last edited:
Danger
Gold Member
I suspect that it's precisely because you don't know her well and have been out of contact. There has been no input to either enhance or destroy the initial infatuation. It's like some guy with a Marilyn Monroe calendar in his garage who doesn't realize that she's dead, or would be as old as his grandmother if she were still alive. In the lack of contrary evidence, the fantasy lives on.

tgt
So infatuation can be both short term and long term? I wonder what determines the time period.

Danger
Gold Member
People. As I said, everyone is different.

RonL
Gold Member
Eee gads, old sex. BTW, I meant like 65 plus. Not those below that. When I'm like 70 and up I am gonna be the most crotchey, ornery old b@$t@rd on Earth. It'll be so much fun!
I have to agree that old people, making love or having sex, on TV shows or in the movies, is a bit of a turn-off, but the young script writers can make it look pretty stupid, with all their, throwing each other around stuff, or being shot full of holes, they still can feel good enough to make mad passionate love.(give me a break):yuck:

As for the age thing, I'm 65+, and though my body has grown older the mind has not, the girls look just as pretty as they did when i was 19.

One of the joy's of getting older, is the ability to admire beauty, without the lust messing your mind up:smile:

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
One of the joy's of getting older, is the ability to admire beauty, without the lust messing your mind up:smile:
That is nice part of getting old - being able to appreciate a beautiful woman, and not get worked up about it.

tgt said:
So infatuation can be both short term and long term? I wonder what determines the time period.
Using a definition of infatuation from Merriam-Webster dictionary - "to inspire with a foolish or extravagant love or admiration" - I see infatuation as more irrational than foolish.

Many or most relationships start with a degree of infatuation simply because both parties (in a bilateral relationship) do not know each other. Once the parties get to know each other and establish a mutual understanding and awareness of each other, and there exists a reciprocally and mutually supporting relationship built upon trust, respect, care and concern, then they have established a loving relationship.

With the right person, one can be 'in love' for a lifetime - as is the case for me.

tgt
That is nice part of getting old - being able to appreciate a beautiful woman, and not get worked up about it.
Is it that you can't get worked up as in biologically can't?

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
No - I can get worked up with the right woman. :biggrin:

RonL
Gold Member
You reach a maturity level, that allows you to chose the moment, there are times when no matter how you feel, for some reason(s) it is best savored at some other time.:wink:

for me it is her voice,her voice is like a drug when i speak with her on the phone or just when i see her or when i act like crazy when i try to see her
when i fight every one for her.or just when i see her from far away...
thats my love drug

tgt
You reach a maturity level, that allows you to chose the moment, there are times when no matter how you feel, for some reason(s) it is best savored at some other time.:wink:
That seem to make sense. This maturity level keeps on increasing as in the teenage years, you'd do it with just about anyone.

That is why it is better to keep the young controlled however with the internet, it's certainly an uphill battle.

Danger
Gold Member
This maturity level keeps on increasing as in the teenage years, you'd do it with just about anyone.
Kids these days must mature faster. In my teen years, it was anything. Not for nothing are those porcupines at my birthday party rolling around on their backs.