1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Fallout 3 - PC Game

1. Nov 12, 2008 #1
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 12, 2008 #2
    Those grapics are horrible. They really need to make revolutionary steps in video games because it doesnt look all that much better than when I played rainbow six back in high school.

The robots dynamics are all screwy when he walks too. He takes a step and then scoots left or right because he cant walk over something on the map. You can see it on the bridge.

4. Nov 12, 2008 #3
    Here you can watch the better quality version of the game. I really don't play games but I have been following the Fallout series since it came out in the 1997 so I had to give it a try for the good time sake.

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/568/568806/vids_1.html

5. Nov 13, 2008 #4

Borek

Staff: Mentor

I used to be editor in chief of monthly computer games magazine back in nineties. Horrible is exagerration. But I didn't like it either, I have seen better animation years ago.

They don't have to make any revolutionary steps, it will be enough to use correct technology available :smile:

6. Nov 13, 2008 #5

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Youtube doesn't really do HD gaming any justice. I think I'd prefer Far Cry 2 for more realism.

7. Nov 13, 2008 #6
    To be honest I think fallout 3 is an insult to the fallout series, but then again only weird people agree with me.

8. Nov 14, 2008 #7
    i remember hearing the game producers comment that this game was in the making for 4 years, but I don't remember where the video is on youtube.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?