Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Fallout 3 - PC Game

1. Nov 12, 2008 #1
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 12, 2008 #2
    Those grapics are horrible. They really need to make revolutionary steps in video games because it doesnt look all that much better than when I played rainbow six back in high school.

The robots dynamics are all screwy when he walks too. He takes a step and then scoots left or right because he cant walk over something on the map. You can see it on the bridge.
  4. Nov 12, 2008 #3
    Here you can watch the better quality version of the game. I really don't play games but I have been following the Fallout series since it came out in the 1997 so I had to give it a try for the good time sake.

5. Nov 13, 2008 #4

Staff: Mentor

I used to be editor in chief of monthly computer games magazine back in nineties. Horrible is exagerration. But I didn't like it either, I have seen better animation years ago.

They don't have to make any revolutionary steps, it will be enough to use correct technology available :smile:
  6. Nov 13, 2008 #5

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Youtube doesn't really do HD gaming any justice. I think I'd prefer Far Cry 2 for more realism.
  7. Nov 13, 2008 #6
    To be honest I think fallout 3 is an insult to the fallout series, but then again only weird people agree with me.
  8. Nov 14, 2008 #7
    i remember hearing the game producers comment that this game was in the making for 4 years, but I don't remember where the video is on youtube.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?