Falsification of LQG

• I
  • Thread starter Paul159
  • Start date
Paul159
Hello,

I came across this thread about LGQ and string theory ; in the 3rd response Lubos Molt says that LQG has been falsified by several experiments but does not give examples (apart from the no-violation of Lorentz's symmetry)
Because the Fermi satellite has showed that there is no Lorentz violation at the Planck scale, LQG was falsified. (It was falsified in many other ways, too.)

My question is simply : do you have examples of such experiments ?

Thanks.

Answers and Replies

Demystifier
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
Lubos Molt says that LQG has been falsified by several experiments but does not give examples
Lubos has emotional issues with LQG because it threatens his belief that string theory is the only game in town. He's smart and knows a lot, but often this is mixed with his emotional non-rational judgments.

Likes ohwilleke and martinbn
Paul159
Thanks atyy.

Lubos has emotional issues with LQG because it threatens his belief that string theory is the only game in town. He's smart and knows a lot, but often this is mixed with his emotional non-rational judgments.

Uhmmmm ok. So what he says in his message is wrong? LQG is not falsified ?

Looking at atyy's pdf I have the impression that the theory is so poorly developed that we don't even know what its predictions are.

Demystifier
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
LQG is not falsified ?
Right, LQG is not falsified.

Looking at atyy's pdf I have the impression that the theory is so poorly developed that we don't even know what its predictions are.
To some extent that's true, but the same can be said for string theory as well.

Likes ohwilleke and weirdoguy
ohwilleke
Gold Member
LQG isn't perfectly worked out. But any neutral scientific standard that considers LQG to be falsified has dumped LambdaCDM in the waste bin of history long ago, and has Supersymmetry and String Theory walking the plank for imminent execution.

Suggested for: Falsification of LQG

• Last Post
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
  • Last Post