Family Guy

• Thread starter cronxeh
  • Start date
The movie is actually the reason why I stopped watching it. The movie sucks so bad that I didn't even want to watch the shows anymore.

JamesU
Gold Member
the simpsons went on about 13 years beforeit started suckng...but they have some funny things now and then....Family Guy just sucks

cronxeh
Gold Member
yomamma said:
the simpsons went on about 13 years beforeit started suckng...but they have some funny things now and then....Family Guy just sucks

see the things that piss me off the most about family guy are:

1. constant usage of "like that time.." and then drifting off to some stupid insult on some celebrity or whatever (dont get me wrong sometimes those are funny - like Tony Robbings HUNGRY)
2. those stupid piano guys "play me off johhny" - like wtf?! they use those in almost every episode. sometimes they inject some other random character in the worst time.

Pretty much poorly written episodes, plot lines, etc. The original idea and the character development of Stewie is great, but the episodes just plain suck

I don't know, the newer episodes have had some really funny moments. Especially the episode where Stewie is a bookie and beats the crap out of Brian 'cause he didn't pay his debt.
Each episode isn't constantly funny throughout, but there are usually a good few funny moments.
But I guess it's a different sort of humour. I mean I don't like The Simpsons because I don't think it's funny at all, but lots of other people like it.
To each his own though I guess.
American Dad is pretty cool as well. Overall Stewie and Roger have to be the funniest characters I've seen.

cronxeh said:
see the things that piss me off the most about family guy are:

1. constant usage of "like that time.." and then drifting off to some stupid insult on some celebrity or whatever (dont get me wrong sometimes those are funny - like Tony Robbings HUNGRY)
2. those stupid piano guys "play me off johhny" - like wtf?! they use those in almost every episode. sometimes they inject some other random character in the worst time.

Pretty much poorly written episodes, plot lines, etc. The original idea and the character development of Stewie is great, but the episodes just plain suck

The thing about the show is that it was pretty unique at it's time. Now it's just old humor. They overuse/abuse a lot of the things that made it funny before to the point that it's just not humorous anymore.

The movie is a good example of that. Stupid ending, and the point that a lot of things were just plain overused.