Lost in a Corn Maze: How One Family's Adventure Turned into a Rescue Mission

• Thread starter lisab
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Lost
In summary: I might have to start a corn maze business after all.In summary, a family went to a corn maze and got lost. They had to call the police and a dog squad was brought in to find them.
lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Who would bring a 3-week-old infant to a corn maze?

Well this family did, and they got lost...had to call 911 for a rescue once night fell. The police came and sent in the dogs, who had no problem finding the family.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44875752/ns/us_news-weird_news/#.TpYPm94Uqso

2mpzqc8.png

Physics news on Phys.org
Does it make me a bad person if I find this story incredibly funny??

micromass said:

No.

I guess those corn walls were pretty sturdy eh? Couldn't just walk through the corn to get out?

Awesome Venn diagram :rofl:

Just few days ago, I was dreaming of starting a maze business.

micromass said:
I'm grinning from ear to ear.

can't you just smash your way through corn plants?

lisab said:
Who would bring a 3-week-old infant to a corn maze?

Well this family did, and they got lost...had to call 911 for a rescue once night fell. The police came and sent in the dogs, who had no problem finding the family.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44875752/ns/us_news-weird_news/#.TpYPm94Uqso

2mpzqc8.png

Talk news was all over this one today, I like your Venn Lisa, what do you think Dave, does it top yours, for comic effect that is ?

Rhody... shakes his head... mutters to himself...

jeebs said:

it's hard to think when you're being stalked

I'm amazed.

Borg said:
I'm amazed.
Because of the maize?

Jimmy Snyder said:
Because of the maize?
Aw shucks, you got me.

After the news of these flakes popped up, I sent my investigators to Danvers to see if there was a kernel of truth to this corny story that has caused a bumper crop of bad puns. I am able to announce that it is true, and that the National Enquirer has bought the rights to the story and will soon serialize it.

Jimmy Snyder said:
After the news of these flakes popped up, I sent my investigators to Danvers to see if there was a kernel of truth to this corny story that has caused a bumper crop of bad puns. I am able to announce that it is true, and that the National Enquirer has bought the rights to the story and will soon serialize it.

cerealize?

I hope the couple was billed for their rescue - and their stupidity.

rhody said:
what do you think Dave, does it top yours, for comic effect that is ?
Mine was a pictogram too. And in colour.

Triple threat.

jeebs said:

You could but since you are lost you would just end up walking in circles. Then other people in the maze would find your circle and everyone would be lost.:approve:

edward said:
You could but since you are lost you would just end up walking in circles. Then other people in the maze would find your circle and everyone would be lost.:approve:

Hence the origins of crop circles.

Ivan Seeking said:
Hence the origins of crop circles.

:biggrin:

These corny jokes are thick as syrup.

If they had BlondeStar, they would have gotten immediate assistance without having to have public emergency teams respond at tax payer expense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrt2q6Mpeyc

Last edited by a moderator:
PAllen said:
cerealize?

This... this is good...

1. What is a corn maze?

A corn maze is a large outdoor maze made of corn stalks. It is a popular form of entertainment and often has a theme or design that visitors must navigate through.

2. How do families get lost in a corn maze?

Families can get lost in a corn maze if they do not follow the designated paths or if they become disoriented due to the maze's design. Sometimes, the maze can also have dead ends or confusing twists and turns, leading to families getting lost.

3. Is getting lost in a corn maze dangerous?

Generally, getting lost in a corn maze is not dangerous as long as visitors stay calm and follow any instructions or safety guidelines provided by the maze operator. However, if someone has a medical condition or becomes severely disoriented, they should seek help from a staff member or call for assistance.

4. What should families do if they get lost in a corn maze?

If a family becomes lost in a corn maze, they should stay together and try to retrace their steps or follow the outer edge of the maze. If that does not work, they can call for assistance or look for any emergency exits or designated help stations within the maze.

5. How can families prevent getting lost in a corn maze?

To prevent getting lost in a corn maze, families should pay attention to any signs or markers within the maze, follow the designated paths, and stay in groups. They can also bring a map or use a navigation app on their phone to help them navigate through the maze.