1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Fan Design

1. Oct 7, 2009 #1
    Hey everybody,
    I am about to make some simplistic fan analysis for a hubbed axial flow fan (Single stage). What makes me confused is if I should use the classical "one stage" approach for compressor design or if there is another way to do this?! My aim is to carry out a simplistic analysis of tipspeed or Critical Mach numbers. Now, all the material I have found consider the effects of a number stages before this can be done. But the purpose of my fan is just to provide thrust as a propulsor and not the way it is conventionally done in a jet engine. I know that I have to use: the massflow, hub to tip ratio, pressure, temperature, etc for this...Any thoughts on the approach? Does anybody know of a good book to consider. I will borrow the Fan Handbook from the library today.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted