Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

FAQ again

1. Jul 3, 2005 #1

matt grime

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

i once posted askign if a frequently asked question sticky could be sorted. i think i'd like to restate that request following bs's two threads

a quick search of "recurring" finds around 7 threads obviously starting with the question 'is 0.9 recurring one?'

the second yet again involved infinity thinking it was a real number.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 3, 2005 #2

Zurtex

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I think it's a great idea. But there is a lot of material that could be posted on both topics, anybody have any good ideas on how we go about constructing such an FAQ and how we make sure it is clear and thorough?

4. Jul 3, 2005 #3

honestrosewater

Gold Member

They've been working on FAQs in physics https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=71931&page=1&pp=20
    You could probably get some ideas from them. There are also links to their individual threads.
    I'd love to help, I just don't think I could contribute much. Maybe we should get a list of questions started. It seems

1. .9 recurring = 1
    2. Infinity as a number

are already on the list.

5. Jul 3, 2005 #4

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?