Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Faq in every forum

1. Jun 18, 2004 #1
    wouldnt it be nice if every forum had a sticky thread with faq about the forum in question?
    it will diminish the number of repeated threads (unless greg wants a lot of threads in which case the many more the better, ah? :wink: ).
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 19, 2004 #2

Science Advisor

I suggested this a while ago. The idea was to make it more difficult for people to carry out agendas not in the best interests of the site by providing a brief but reliable description of the current status of various major ideas and programs of research.
  4. Jun 21, 2004 #3

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Is there a concern for frequently repeated topics?

At the moment, each mentor is free to set up such a FAQ sticky. I'll consider it for the A&C forum.

5. Jun 22, 2004 #4
    you can see for example in maths subforums in here a repeatition of threads such as 0.999999=1, zeno paradoxes, divison by zero and more.
    i too have (perhaps, i cant recall) posted repeated threads but perhaps it will decrease if faq sticky thread will be in the forum who knows.
  6. Jul 13, 2004 #5

I suggested this years ago. So I should get a medal if it is implemented.

I would also suggest one same topic to be included in every FAQ. That would be a definition of science, with an explanation of what constitutes a theory. After all, how many threads do you see start with: [insert model here] is only a theory, not fact. Blah blah blah....?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?