Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Farewell fellow PFers

1. Dec 16, 2005 #1
    Today is my last day at work and, since I really only PF on my employer's time, my last day as a (fairly) active member of this community. I will no doubt still use PF from time to time for specific queries, but alas I will not be around to enjoy the gay banter of the great people on this site. And I'll probably forget my password.

Talking of whom, my thanks, admiration, hugs, etc for the help, the welcome, the laughs and the P&WA soapbox go the following:

Lori, for the welcome and taking me under her wing and guiding me through my PF initiation;

Ambitwistor, for the help and telling me get Feynman's lectures... good advice (odd that you don't post anymore, but you DO PM...);

Patrick, for the patience, good will and dark, dark humour... you've given me lots to think about;

Zoobyshoe, for the laughs above all, but also for being an all-round great person and for suffering my drunken PMs;

Danger, aptly named - you kill me. Well done on a well-deserved merit!

Artman, for the laughs and posting so many captions you made my initial entries look positively reserved (but unlike mine, yours are funny);

Honestrosewater, you are an inspiration! And filthy with it! I'll miss you loads;

Math Is Hard, didn't get to know you well, which is a shame because of late you've cracked me up. And you share similar filthiness qualities with Rose;

Physics Monkey, another generous guy - thanks for your recent help;

fi, who knows, I might bump into you in Oz! If not, have a great time and thanks for all your priceless advice;

arildno, who shares my love of bad innuendo - I'll miss pushing the limits of PF cleanliness with you;

Anttech, who shares my love of political satire;

Astronuc, the moral centre of this great community and an inspiration - another well-deserved award;

And, of course, Greg for a great site that has attracted a great community.

It was my leaving do last night so I'm a wee bit hungover, so don't be offended if I robbed you of a deserved thank you - my head is just a bit foggy.

I'm going travelling for three or four months (hey, maybe I can post some pictures?), then... I don't know what, before resuming my studies next year.

To all, a merry Christmas and a happy new year!!!
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 16, 2005 #2

Ok, well, write down your password and put it in your wallet so you can visit us sometime!

Happy Christmas to ye.
  4. Dec 16, 2005 #3
    Thanks Mk. I hope you have a great one! Thanks also to a few people who've helped me tremendously but I omitted from the above list: Andrew Mason; ohwilleke; masudr; jtbell; pmb_phy and allday. All of you have helped me overcome the limitations of my fwagile little mind.
  5. Dec 16, 2005 #4
    Have a really safe trip, and a very happy holiday to you too!
  6. Dec 16, 2005 #5
    Hey thanks to you too, wait I wasn't on your list... jackass won't even mention me... j/k :smile: Have fun traveling! Happy Holidays, Stay Safe!
  7. Dec 16, 2005 #6

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Have a great time traveling...find some internet cafes and visit with tales of your journeys! You can't just leave because of some lame excuse like not having internet access! :cry: The caption competition thread will seem lonely without you. :frown:

Happy Holidays!
  8. Dec 16, 2005 #7
    Yeah, this individual naming thing isn't working.

I love you guys!
  9. Dec 16, 2005 #8
    Cheers! Yes, I must make one more visit to the caption competition... for old times sake!

Have a holly jolly xmas!
  10. Dec 16, 2005 #9
    Happy Holidays.
    I hope this means a better employment opportunity for you.
    Not that I know anything about the last but that's what I generally hope when people leave their jobs.
  11. Dec 16, 2005 #10
    Another missing PFer from my list! Sorry Ape - it's been great knowing you! I have no future employment plans, so I am quite possible insane. I just quit so I could go travelling. I'll cross the what-the-hell-am-i-going-to-do-for-money bridge when I get to it.
  12. Dec 16, 2005 #11

Gold Member

Farewell! have a great time! The place won't be the same without you (I voted for you in the funniest member award!)
  13. Dec 16, 2005 #12

Science Advisor

You're always good for a different (and funny) take on the captions thread, we'll do our best to keep it going for you. Enjoy the travels and don't be a stanger.
  14. Dec 16, 2005 #13
    That sounds like fun. I've known a couple people who got the On The Road bug. Personally I have always thought it would be great to do but I'm too chicken.
  15. Dec 16, 2005 #14
    You did? Thanks mate! And of course as the starter of the caption competition thread, a second home for me, and a fellow contributor thereof, I thank thee most highly sir. It's been great knowing you. We've had some good laughs. I'm going to miss so many people [sniff].
  16. Dec 16, 2005 #15
    That book was a huge inspiration for me. The bulk of the trip will be a road trip around Australia - something I decided on shortly after reading that great, great book.
  17. Dec 16, 2005 #16
    Thanks doc! Yes, if and when I pop back in for any reason, I hope to see that thread still on the first page of GD. Take care of yourself.
  18. Dec 16, 2005 #17

Gold Member

Have a nice trip! :smile:
    Merry xmas and happy new year!
  19. Dec 16, 2005 #18
    It's a sad day at the zoobie brush shelter.
  20. Dec 16, 2005 #19

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

:cry: :cry:
    How will I survive in this new antiseptic environment??
    Bugs are not welcome here any longer..:frown:
  21. Dec 16, 2005 #20
    Good luck in your new Job El hombre! Take care and hope to see u around a bit... ;-)
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?