Farewell to PF!

• Thread starter arildno
  • Start date
OmCheeto
Gold Member
We've just missed the anniversary of the passing of our dear friend arildno. You are missed dear friend. :oldcry:

I almost popped another blood vessel, when I saw you said "We've...".

Well, ok, I probably would have missed it too.
But luckily, he sent me a reminder, on the 17th, and I posted it in the "Best Songs" thread, the next day. :angel:
He would probably have not have approved of the song, but I don't really give a, hoot.

ps. The little scheister, did not respond to my request to tell me when the Morels were out this year. :oldgrumpy:

Know what, maybe I should write up that pochhammer article I told you I would do but never did. I'll think about it ok? Help me?

Lisa!
Gold Member
I was shocked for a moment when I saw his name as a starter of a thread!:oldfrown:

He should have left us a picture of him so that we can look at him again from time to time then cry missing him too much. The next person leaving us should do this.

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
So sad, such a loss. I wish he made a different choice.

OmCheeto
Gold Member
Doh!
We missed his birthday, yesterday.
Well, not a complete "we". Though I did not know it was his birthday, until just now.

I was rummaging through the riverside landscape, in the aforementioned yesterday, cursing him regarding the "Morel" issue again, when I ran across a big blue cross.
It was planted for someone named "Jay" last year, born in 1989.
I didn't know "Jay", so I carved a big "A" in the back of the cross.
Ok. "big" might be a bit of an exaggeration, as I used my thumbnail, and the "A" was about 3/4 of an inch tall.

In any event, I often think of Arild. :smile:

ps. I just found out who "Jay" was; "Jay ... had been shuttling people to Bachelor Island" in his boat.
Bachelor Island is a delightful place. I'm sure Arild would have enjoyed it, even with the lack of moose, and pickles.

pps. A thousand other thoughts, and memories are sequestered, as I don't have time.

Arild! Will you please help me build this fence! I need some ideas.......