Fashion for Men

• Thread starter mcknia07
  • Start date
ah, you look good. I'm just playing around. and moonbear it's pretty amazing how putting on a pair of shoes makes a huge difference in making pants look better. I always think my pants are way too long then I put on my shoes and they turn out to be perfect.

Wait until you zip up the fly!

What's that have to do with anything? I don't get it...

okay im lookin for some help :)

first ill start with hair. i need to get it cut! the long hair just isnt working anymore and its becoming annoying. what types of hair styles are quite easy to do and pull off.

facial hair. my beard is getting quite gross. i thought i could last until christmas but its down right disgusting. i was thinking of doing chin straps, just not too skinny. no mustache at all! i hate it. i also dont want to look like a guido and i dont want to be clean shaved.

shoes. im big on sneakers, not shoes. i wear semi tight pants so i dont like the big bulky shoes at all. i had a pair of sambas for a while, loved em. i might get the white classic ones. i have a pair of pumas which i love. i just got them actually. but, just one pair wont suffice at all.

what should i do.

I would say cut the hair off, and make it short. (either military cut or a high 'n' tight)

Facial hair...get rid of it, lol. Side burn are ok to have.

AS for shoes...well, Pumas are very nice, they can be sporty and yet classy at the same time. You need to add a nice pair of more dressy shoes to you collection. You can never have too many pairs :biggrin: :!!)

I would say cut the hair off, and make it short. (either military cut or a high 'n' tight)

Facial hair...get rid of it, lol. Side burn are ok to have.

AS for shoes...well, Pumas are very nice, they can be sporty and yet classy at the same time. You need to add a nice pair of more dressy shoes to you collection. You can never have too many pairs :biggrin: :!!)

for the hair, i was thinking something along the lines of this: http://www.kjbeckett.com/mensfashionblog/uploaded_images/david_beckham_calendar_photo-783138.jpg [Broken]

if i can pull it off with my hair but, as close too as i can get it.

the facial hair: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v301/joefolly/shave.jpg [Broken]
its a little thicker than i would normally do, i actually think its OK and will probably keep doing it the way im used too. a little thinner, more rigid and defined.

i have a bunch of shoes already lol. i have like a blue/orange/green pair of reboks, pump speed cats in black, puma romas in white, black sambas. clogs, navy and white new balances. not sure of the brands but two pairs of black dress shoes, and one pair of brown :)

probably going to get some more though. no more dress shoes though. need casual shoes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cute! That is pretty much along the lines of what I was thinking. You have a very nice jaw structure as well, that makes it look even better, lol. :biggrin:

Very cute! That is pretty much along the lines of what I was thinking. You have a very nice jaw structure as well, that makes it look even better, lol. :biggrin:

why thank you :)

i gotta do something with the hair though. everything i attempt the fohawk type of thing it never works. my hair is so unmanageable!

Kurdt
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Try having my hair.

No fohawk....go more for the messy hair, like the other guy in the picture. But not so pointy in the front, more like all around messy, yet more flatish on the sides.

No fohawk....go more for the messy hair, like the other guy in the picture. But not so pointy in the front, more like all around messy, yet more flatish on the sides.
you have an example?

Here is a good pic. You could even go with more height on the hair, if you wanted.

Attachments

• men hair 1.jpg
    men hair 1.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 296
Kurdt
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Its very thick.

mine too lol. i killed a lot of it though :( lots and LOTS of fast food. cough*excessiveuseofahairstraightner*cough and blow drying. wearing a hat 24/7 probably helped it too.

For god's sakes loose the back street boys beard offtheleft.

Your haircut is the same as Jason. It's very boy-ish.

Get a proper mans haircut from a barber.

Last edited:
For god's sakes loose the back street boys beard offtheleft.

is it really that bad? what you suggest?

is it really that bad? what you suggest?

Yes, it's that bad. Anytime I see someone sporting that kind of beard I think to myself -........douchebag.

It's really, really, REALLY bad.

I just can't stand that beard. It's so stupid. ARgggg! (Don't ask me why, I just hate it).

Just shave it all off.

Yes, it's that bad. Anytime I see someone sporting that kind of beard I think to myself -........douchebag.

i sometimes think the same thing, not all the time though. i really hate guidos lol.

I just can't stand that beard. It's so stupid. ARgggg! (Don't ask me why, I just hate it).

Just shave it all off.

i cant do clean shaved. i cant keep up with it most of the time and i have really sensitive skin. if i shave ill break out like a pizza :(

i cant do clean shaved. i cant keep up with it most of the time and i have really sensitive skin. if i shave ill break out like a pizza :(

Then just let it grow out to a 5 oclock shadow like miami vice after a few days and then shave it. But for the love of god, don't ever trim that back-street-boy beard like that again!

What you can do (and I do) if I dont have time is just shave my neck and under my jaw line and trim my check so it looks like im trying to grow a beard and then cut if off a few days later. That way it doesnt look bad.

You also need to shave after you take a shower and in the direction of the 'grain' that your hair grows. If you do that when you shave it wont cut you. This is how real barbers are trained to give a shave with a straight razor.

Then just let it grow out to a 5 oclock shadow like miami vice after a few days and then shave it. But for the love of god, don't ever trim that back-street-boy beard like that again!

how about a 5 o'clock shadow, and i trim it short but a full beard?

in addition to your post.

i usually do that. or it iches like hellll