The Appeal of Dressing Fashionably for Men

• Thread starter mcknia07
  • Start date
In summary, guys who dress fashionably tend to be more attractive to women. This is because they dress in a sophisticated way that shows they care about their appearance. They also tend to be more comfortable in formal clothing, because they don't rely on it as much. However, the cost of fashionable clothing can be prohibitive for some, and may not be necessary for others.
lisab said:
Seriously moose, it's time to upgrade your cell phone.

http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/383/oldcellphoneix7.jpg [Broken]
[/URL]

That's 10x more sexy than some stupid iphone. I'd use this phone all over town just to see peoples reactions to it. It's bigger than a freaking walki-talki.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Someone got me a gift card from sears that had $100 on it. Everything was on sale at sears, so I bought some clothes with it. I already know 99.9% of the stuff in there is total overpriced CRAP. So I took my time and had my eye open for hidden gems. The VAST majority was EXPENISVE (I'm not paying more than $20 for anything from SEARS :yuck: that's going to fall appart. The stuff was mostly falling appart on the shelf brand new!). Some of the tags said $50! I could go to Banana Republic or Guess for $50.00, gimme a break!

So, I got a red dockers sweater for $20.00; some really dark structure jeans for $24.00, and a bunch of ties. Two are pink, one is yellow, and the last is green/blue stripes. The grand total was $110.00. So you don't need to spend money to make something look nice, but you need to know what to buy and what size to find.

First one: the suit jacket, black leather shoes and button up shirt I already had. But I mixed it up with the new jeans and tie that cost a whopping $30.00 total. But you'd never know because the shoes, jacket and button up shirt cost much, much more. :wink:

http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/7504/pict0373bp2.jpg [Broken]

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/5294/pict0370as5.jpg [Broken]
In this picture, only the shoes, watch, and white button up shirt are high end. The rest is from sears. Sweater: $20.00, Tie: $10.00; Jeans, $24.00.

Last edited by a moderator:
NICE!

You could be a male model Cyrus.

<h2>1. Why do men care about dressing fashionably?</h2><p>Men care about dressing fashionably for a variety of reasons. It can boost their confidence, make them feel more attractive, and help them make a good first impression. Additionally, fashion is a form of self-expression and can be a way for men to showcase their personal style and individuality.</p><h2>2. Is dressing fashionably just about following trends?</h2><p>No, dressing fashionably is not just about following trends. While trends can certainly influence fashion, dressing fashionably is more about understanding what styles and pieces work well together and choosing clothing that fits and flatters one's body. It's about creating a cohesive and stylish look that reflects one's personal taste.</p><h2>3. How can men stay fashionable without breaking the bank?</h2><p>There are many ways for men to stay fashionable without spending a lot of money. One option is to invest in classic, timeless pieces that can be worn for years to come. Another is to shop at thrift stores or online for gently used clothing. Additionally, men can learn how to mix and match items in their wardrobe to create new and stylish outfits without having to constantly buy new pieces.</p><h2>4. Is it important for men to follow dress codes and fashion rules?</h2><p>While it's always important to dress appropriately for certain occasions and follow dress codes, fashion rules are more like guidelines. It's important for men to feel comfortable and confident in what they wear, so they should ultimately wear what they like and what makes them feel good. However, it's also important to be aware of societal norms and dress accordingly in certain situations.</p><h2>5. How can men find their own personal style?</h2><p>Finding one's personal style is a process and can take time. One way to start is by looking at fashion inspiration and experimenting with different styles to see what feels most comfortable and authentic. It's also helpful to take note of what types of clothing and colors make one feel confident and happy. Over time, men can develop their own unique personal style that reflects their personality and tastes.</p>

1. Why do men care about dressing fashionably?

Men care about dressing fashionably for a variety of reasons. It can boost their confidence, make them feel more attractive, and help them make a good first impression. Additionally, fashion is a form of self-expression and can be a way for men to showcase their personal style and individuality.

2. Is dressing fashionably just about following trends?

No, dressing fashionably is not just about following trends. While trends can certainly influence fashion, dressing fashionably is more about understanding what styles and pieces work well together and choosing clothing that fits and flatters one's body. It's about creating a cohesive and stylish look that reflects one's personal taste.

3. How can men stay fashionable without breaking the bank?

There are many ways for men to stay fashionable without spending a lot of money. One option is to invest in classic, timeless pieces that can be worn for years to come. Another is to shop at thrift stores or online for gently used clothing. Additionally, men can learn how to mix and match items in their wardrobe to create new and stylish outfits without having to constantly buy new pieces.

4. Is it important for men to follow dress codes and fashion rules?

While it's always important to dress appropriately for certain occasions and follow dress codes, fashion rules are more like guidelines. It's important for men to feel comfortable and confident in what they wear, so they should ultimately wear what they like and what makes them feel good. However, it's also important to be aware of societal norms and dress accordingly in certain situations.

5. How can men find their own personal style?

Finding one's personal style is a process and can take time. One way to start is by looking at fashion inspiration and experimenting with different styles to see what feels most comfortable and authentic. It's also helpful to take note of what types of clothing and colors make one feel confident and happy. Over time, men can develop their own unique personal style that reflects their personality and tastes.